Is there any specific scripture(s) in the bible that say you will not survive armageddon if you are an inactive publisher?

by solomon 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Of course printing 8 million plus copies a month is nothing to sneeze at.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"Of course printing 8 million plus copies a month is nothing to sneeze at."

It's the no longer being allowed to sell them for profit that causes the Bethel Boppers to have sneezing fits.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Ezekiel 3:18: below: (Side-note: Ezekiel Chapter 9 start's with our favorite WTS "inkhorn marking" with the smashing hammers to crush the wicked?)

New International Version (©1984)
    When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    If I warn the wicked, saying, 'You are under the penalty of death,' but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.

1 Corinthians 9:16 "

Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

Yet preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn't preach the Good News!

For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not prea

Luke 4:43 "

But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."

But he replied, "I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent."

but he said to them, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose."

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    But he said to them, "I have to proclaim the good news about the kingdom of God in other cities, because I was sent to do that also."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    But Yeshua said to them, "I must proclaim the Kingdom of God to other cities also; it is for this I am sent."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    But he said to them, "I have to tell the Good News about the kingdom of God in other cities also. That's what I was sent to do."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Armageddon is a non-starter.

• rickisteel
    rickisteel

Romans 10 :13,14 makes it clear that preaching is required by anyone claiming to represent God

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Looked the scripture up and it does not say preaching is a requirement.

read the whole of Romans 10, it says one is saved by faith not by works

• Ding
    Ding

The answer to the question in the OP is: No.

Much of what the WT teaches about Armageddon is WT speculation.

In fact, it's the WTS that focuses on "surviving Armageddon," not the Bible.

• blondie
    blondie

Ezekiel 9:4-6 is used often to identify surivivors of God's ultimate destruction.

*** it-1 p. 849 Forehead ***

As described at Ezekiel 9:3-6, a class of persons are marked in their forehead for protection from destruction by God’s executional forces, not being marked by angels in this instance, nor with a “seal,” but by a man who has “a secretary’s inkhorn.” Pictured as “sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done,” these, when ‘marked,’ show themselves to be slaves and devotees of Jehovah; their actions, practices, and personalities evidently give evidence of this before all, as if written ‘on their foreheads.’

*** w08 7/15 pp. 5-6 The House-to-House Ministry—Why Important Now? ***

Marking People for Survival

10 The importance of the house-to-house ministry can be seen from a vision given to the prophet Ezekiel. In that vision, Ezekiel sees six men with weapons in their hands as well as a seventh man clothed in linen with a secretary’s inkhorn at his side. The seventh man is told to “pass through the midst of the city” and “put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.” Following that marking work, the six men with the slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark.—Read Ezekiel 9:1-6.

11 We understand that in the fulfillment of this prophecy, the man “clothed in linen” represents the remnant of spirit-anointed Christians. By means of the preaching and disciple-making work, the anointed class puts a symbolic mark on those who become part of Christ’s “other sheep.” (John 10:16) What is the mark? It is the evidence, as if displayed on their uncovered foreheads, that such sheep are dedicated, baptized disciples of Jesus Christ and that they have put on the Christlike new personality. (Eph. 4:20-24) These sheeplike ones become one flock with anointed Christians and assist them in their vital work of marking still others.—Rev. 22:17.

12 Ezekiel’s vision highlights one reason why our ongoing search for people who are “sighing and groaning” is so urgent. It involves lives. Soon, Jehovah’s heavenly executional forces, represented by the six men with weapons, will destroy those who do not have the symbolic mark. Concerning that coming judgment, the apostle Paul wrote that the Lord Jesus, accompanied by “his powerful angels,” will bring “vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.” (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) Notice that people will be judged on the basis of their response to the good news. Hence, the proclamation of God’s message must continue unabated right to the end. (Rev. 14:6, 7) This places a heavy responsibility on all of Jehovah’s dedicated servants.—Read Ezekiel 3:17-19.

*** w07 7/1 p. 13 par. 7 Highlights From the Book of Ezekiel—I ***

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark—the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality—is essential for surviving the “great tribulation.” (Matthew 24:21) Anointed Christians, represented by the man with the secretary’s inkhorn, are taking the lead in doing the marking work, that is, the Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making work. If we want to retain our mark, we must zealously help them in this work.

*** w88 9/15 p. 14 par. 18 Listen—Jehovah’s Watchman Speaks! ***

The antitypical ‘man in linen’ is the class of anointed Christians. They go from house to house to put a symbolic mark on those who become part of the “great crowd” of Christ’s “other sheep.” The “mark” is the evidence that such sheep are dedicated, baptized individuals with a Christlike personality. They ‘sigh and groan over detestable things’ done in Christendom, and they have come out of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. (Revelation 18:4, 5) Their “mark” will make it plain to God’s executional forces that they should be spared during the “great tribulation.” They can retain that “mark” by sharing with the anointed ones in marking yet others. So, if you have been ‘marked,’ share zealously in the ‘marking’ work.—Ezekiel 9:8-11.

*** kl chap. 18 p. 180 par. 21 Make It Your Aim to Serve God Forever ***

Bible prophecies show that God views such ones as marked to survive the execution of his judgment soon to come upon this wicked system of things. (Ezekiel 9:1-6; Malachi 3:16, 18) Are you “rightly disposed for everlasting life”? (Acts 13:48) Is it your earnest desire to be marked as one serving God? Dedication and baptism are part of that mark, and they are essential for survival.

*** w89 1/15 p. 20 pars. 20-21 How Baptism Can Save Us ***

In ancient times, slaves were often marked on the forehead. By the preaching work today, the antitypical ‘man clothed in linen’—the remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers—is ‘marking’ those who will survive the end of this system. In this work the anointed are assisted by their associates, the “other sheep.” (Ezekiel 9:1-7; John 10:16) And what is the “mark”? It is the evidence that we are dedicated to Jehovah and are Jesus’ baptized disciples who have a Christlike personality.

Especially now is it vital that we have the “mark” and retain it, for we are deep into “the time of the end.” (Daniel 12:4) To be saved we must ‘endure to the end’ of our present life or of this system. (Matthew 24:13) Only if we thus remain faithful as witnesses of Jehovah will baptism save us.

----------------------

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They always used Luke 19 which is the parable of the slaves who were put in charge of the masters belongings while he was away. The slave that made good use of the belongings /increased them, was praised, the one who didn't use them well/hid them away, was evil and cast off.

The idea was that the WT is using the Masters belongings wisely and if you don't support them, you are an evil slave deserving of death.

This assumes that the master is happy with how they are doing things. Hopefully the Master won't be annoyed by the lack of growth due to the slow and ineffective means they use to spread the word and by the literature containing incorrect dates and teachings that were spread through out the world that mislead many and turned many away from God altogether.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Dear old mom said she was afraid I might not survive ARMAGEDON. I said; "Doesn't the bible say their will be "a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous" ? Then I asked her who will survive... her childmolesting, "active JW" neighbor..or her "inactive" Son ?

Blank stare........

"Inactive" = strange concept. When we post "the Truth about the Truth" here we are actually "preaching" to more people worldwide than we EVER did as donut shop JWs. Just check the web numbers on Alexis..usually at least 1,000 people read posts. That is like giving a demo at the local circuit assembly everytime you post. The concept is weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit