Cult Leader Jim Jones's Final Speech

by Bangalore 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bumping this in view of the recent WT statement about obedience.

Bangalore

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thank you Bangalore for the bump. This really should be at the heart of any critique one wants to make of JW's.

I find that believing JW's get furious if they are compared to the Jim Jones cult. But from where I sit tell me what's so different?

JW's would never drink the kool aid? They do everytime someone dies for want of a blood transfusion. In the past they died for want of a transplant or because they passed up a vacine. They continue to die from self imposed ignorance.

Christian Scientists were some of the worst offenders. The Catholic church has probably caused more deaths by forbidding birth control.

The Shakers self destroyed by forbidding married couples from having Sex.

It sure seems to me that you can get people to believe just about anything including destroying their health needlessly over a half baked doctrine.

There was an image from Jonestown of a circle of adults lying dead, except there was one small boy, maybe two or three years old, lieing between a man and a women (all face down). The man had his hand on the boys back. They could have been just taking a nap on a summers day......... It looked so peaceful....it was also the face of true evil.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS is more of a 'cold' doctrinal group, not much emotion at all. They can just 'coldly' teach and believe in a 99.9% destruction of the world. They can 'coldly' DF people, including family. They 'coldly' face death in their denial of any blood transfusions.

Their 'coldness' in their self-righteousness is eerie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit