Well we can shoot down one rumor - the 2013 district conventions are officially 3 days long...

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Why can't they tell everyone at the same time? I don't give a damn when the date is or where its held.

But it's a petty way of making the elders feel important.

WOW. What a privilege.

Next time someone says they were "privileged" to have some responsibility think of the derivation of the word. Priv (one person) lege (law). It's a law applying to one person. It makes them feel so special (blessed).

Right after Sir posts the assemblies and locations we should all book rooms and then cancel them a month later.

• respectful_observer
  • blondie
    blondie

They are 3 days officially but a large number do not come on Friday, unofficially making it 2 days. The WTS nags, and nags about that even in the recent study article about attending conventions comparing it to the Israelites going to their 3 harvest festivals.

add: I would always note then attendance on Friday and compare it to Saturday and Sunday.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Friday always sucked. You had to drive through rush hour traffic to get to the DA, only to be met with the same traffic at the of the day. I would come home exhausted, knowing I still had to more days to go, then right back to work. It's all about the money because it certainly isn't for the publishers.

• sir82
    sir82

At the DCs I go to, Friday attendance is always about 70-75% of the Sunday attendance.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Bummer for you all in....

I thought this one was a slam dunk from the rumors.

My advice is blow Friday off anyway, the less people there, the more the GB will consider dropping it for good.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    My advice is blow Friday off anyway, the less people there, the more the GB will consider dropping it for good.

In their twisted little minds, it wouldn't surprise me if they felt it would be a good idea to bring back the seven day conventions.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Oh I'd love it if they did that.

Seven days of utter bullshit would certainly wake up a bunch of slumbering JWs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

3 days serves a great purpose is sorting the strong dedicated JW's from the weak and half-hearted. Anyone that skips Friday so they can work or attend school proves themselves to be of the later and worthy of being looked down upon.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

The WTBTS used to announce the location of their DCs in the mags. Now you only will find them online.

In 2012 most conventions in Germany were booked in large soccer stadiums. In 2013 all venues will be smaller, 9 being in assembly halls, 12 will be in skating rink type places. - Three days though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit