Well we can shoot down one rumor - the 2013 district conventions are officially 3 days long...

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

...according to a letter to all BOEs dated 11/11/2012.

There is nothing new or different (or interesting!) in the letter. Same stuff as has been covered over the past 20+ years.

There will be a list of convention sites and dates for the US & Canada available on jw.org (in the elders-only password section) "shortly before the week of January 7, 2013". Then "in due course" it will be posted on jw.org in the non-restricted area.

• obarac
    obarac

Who get that stupid idea of 2 days district conventions.

• undercover
    undercover

Of course they're three days. How else will you judge your fellow dubs over whether or not they actually took the effort to miss work to attend the convention?

• elderelite
    elderelite

WELL "obarac" i started a thread ASKING ifthat was the case since it was absent at the end of last years conventions. I never said it was fact.

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Dang it! I was hoping for one less day that I'll have to sit through!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This week's Watchtower Study article pretty much answered the question. They extolled the value of the Conventions.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Dang it! I was hoping for one less day that I'll have to sit through!

I hear ya, I hear ya LOL. I was hoping there was some validity to the rumor too. I was hoping instead of 3 days out of town, it would be 2 days at the local assembly hall. This is one of those self-facepalm moments. I've been spending like $300 every year to be somewhere I don't want to be for three days. I gotta transport and assist older relatives though so the responsibility in that eases the irritation of having to be there. This past summer we were in a town that resembled something off of The Living Dead. We stayed in the what you would label a business district I guess, but right down the road there was no shortage of fiends, alch-ees, bums, etc.. It's funny how CVS in 2012 has replaced the liquor store as a mainstay in shitty communities. Thank Jehovah there was a KFC as I was living off of hot wings for 3 days.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Am I glad I won't have to get hemorrhoids from sitting in stadium chairs for three days anymore. Conventions were one of the most hated things.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.indyweek.com/triangulator/archives/2012/10/22/raleigh-city-council-votes-in-secret-to-give-jehovahs-witnesses-150000

Conventions are BIG money for the Society. When some cities give them $150000 dollars to hold them, then they get ALL the donations as well, WHY would they stop?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

no one is going to close that cash register.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit