Well we can shoot down one rumor - the 2013 district conventions are officially 3 days long...

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I guess we will find out soon enough why some of the January 2013 Kingdumb Misery inserts didn't come with instructions about this wastefest. Breaking them up, but still having them 3 days, would put a stop to large pools of people mixing once a summer without cutting back on time wasted or that Friday off from work. When January comes and we see more information about whether there are motel arrangements or they are simply breaking the Grand Boasting Sessions into units of 500-750 members, we will know what is going on for sure.

Then again, maybe someone saw a post that suggested that they didn't have instructions for the Grand Boasting Session last summer and decided to make liars out of "us apostates". I saw them play that game before--posts about reducing pious-sneer hours down to 35 for aux and 50 for regular probably led them to scrap that plan so they they could make liars out of us. Either way, it is entirely possible that they were going to scrap the Grand Boasting Session but preferred to "prove" that "apostates are liars" instead. That is the one caution about predicting what the washtowel is going to do next--they will play that card from time to time to "prove" us liars.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you are right on the money, Wizard, which is why we should be careful not to give them any good ideas on here, they will bloody use them !

I reckon the Friday will have to scrapped eventually, when only 3 people turn up, of course the brainwhashed Dub's will hail the change as a "loving provision from Jehoober "'

Yea right, like 20 years late as usual.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

plans change all the time. They are a corporation after all. My guess is whatever they are doing, was run through the legal dept 1st. That's really the GB

• andys
    andys

They are held where I live so see if its 3 days here......................................................

• sir82
    sir82
    I saw a whole group of JW dubs with their name badges on and in their suits getting drunk at the bar..........

Hoo boy, were you where I was last year?

Where I stayed the hotel had a "manager's reception" every night from 5 - 7. Free bottom shelf booze.

The crowd around the bar ordering drinks was never less than 3 deep, all the way around. The whole 2 hours.

• undercover
    undercover

The last couple years of attending conventions, I spent my lunch breaks at a sports bar across the street.

Sadly, the sports bar is no longer, but the dubs still descend on the city like a plague of locusts each summer.

• undercover
    undercover

For years the convention was in my city. But for awhile, several years, we had to travel to a neighboring state. We stayed at the swankiest hotel on the list, which happened to be the swankiest in town and we (dubs in general) closed the hotel bar each night. There were more than a few hangovers each day at the convention.

I loved that hotel so much that when the WTS took it off the list, I stayed there anyway. Fewer dubs and more room at the bar for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit