Does God's foreknowledge take away from free will?

by Christ Alone 317 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I get the distinct sense you are making this up as you go along....

I am not. These are deep philosophical issues.

I'd like to hear your view of what the Bible says about the nature of God, sir82. I wasn't refering to multiple dimensions of time. Read the comment again regarding 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time. If I'm quoting out of context, show me. No one has thus far. They just keep saying I'm out of context.

If I'm wrong, then answer these questions biblically, whether you believe the Bible or not. That's all I'm speaking about. What does the Bible say about the nature of God in regards to time and space?

Is God bound by time according to the Bible?

Is God a material being that can be contained in physical space?

Is God NOT omniscient?

Is God NOT omnipresent?

Is God NOT omnipotent?

Also:

Remind me not to hire you as my lawyer.....

Good...that would be a bad idea since I never went to law school.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

1Kings 8:27 says that the heavens of the heavens cannot contain God. In Hebrew this meant space beyond the earth.

Doesn't change that the scripture doesn't say what you claimed.

1Kings 8:39 speaks of God knowing the hearts of all men. If you have issue with that, you can read Proverbs 15:3 that says God's eyes are everywhere

I don't have a problem with it, the scripture just doesn't say what you claimed it does.

According to your wealth of apparent biblical knowledge, correct me.

I just did.

I haven't seen you use a single verse to contradict what I'm saying. Where does the Bible say that God is bound by natural laws?

It's next to the scipture that says Jesus went poop.

You keep saying that but are not able to show HOW

Because one is talking about the consequences of an action. You are talking about destiny and free-will.

You're making baseless comments in saying that the scripture is saying something differently, yet you cannot tell me how I am interpreting it wrongly.

Exhibit A: Knowing the hearts of men does not mean knowing what they will do in the future.

Exhibit B: You use the word baseless. There is a firm base. What you say a scripture says vs. looking at it and seeing what they say. My solid base is that they don't match.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Doesn't change that the scripture doesn't say what you claimed.

I claimed that God is not bound by space. Read the verse again.

I don't have a problem with it, the scripture just doesn't say what you claimed it does.

Then what DOES it say? Enlighten me.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I claimed that God is not bound by space. Read the verse again.

I did. In fact, I read 4 different translantions. In none of them does it match what you claimed it says.

Then what DOES it say? Enlighten me.

Which one? Please be more specific as you have mentioned several scriptures.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm almost done arguing with you, EP. As in every other past debate you make statements that seem to just be knee jerk reactions without any real thought being put into them. "That's not what it means". And yet you won't tell me what it means. You also haven't answered specific questions as to if God IS bound by laws of space and time, how?

You know what scriptures I am referring to above. 1Kings 8:27 which state that the universe cannot contain God. If God is not contained in the universe, then He must exist outside of physical laws.

It is almost a useless debate in that you are an atheist and you would disagree with anything that I said about the Bible.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Does God have Foreknowledge? Should be the first Question BTW

Making God's foreknowledge an asummed given creates the paradox. To be able to answer the first question one would have to probe the mind of God to know for sure, you certainly would not want to rely on some ancient political/religious writings as these would be unreliable proof due to thier subjective and heavily biased nature.

To just take some words out of the bible as proof that God knows the future is a distortion of meaning because the bible never comes out and says God knows the future. So it must be assumed then that he does in one own mind. No proof just a feeling that such is so do to religious programming. Not one solid fact just a house of cards built on one asumption and then another, and another on and on....

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

1Kings 8:27 which state that the universe cannot contain God

No it doesn't. It says, either, that the highest heavens or heaven of heavens cannot contain God. It doesn't mention the universe anywhere.

As in every other past debate you make statements that seem to just be knee jerk reactions without any real thought being put into them.

It only seems to be knee jerk because I know what I am talking about and have had this same discussion many times with very smart people. I have already prepared my points, so to speak. But, if you wish to blame me for your lack of correctly quoting scripture or using logic, then by all means, do so.

It is almost a useless debate in that you are an atheist and you would disagree with anything that I said about the Bible.

Not if you say correct things.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

So prove to me biblically that God IS bound by the physical laws.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

you certainly would not want to rely on some ancient political/religious writings as these would be unreliable proof due to thier subjective and heavily biased nature.

I'm speaking from a biblical perspective. Does the Bible show that God has foreknowledge?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So prove to me biblically that God IS bound by the physical laws.

Why would I do that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit