Are We Living At The End Of An Age?

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

For Sizemik, “Two Suns in the Sunset” on The Final Cut.

In my rear-view mirror the sun is going down

Sinking behind bridges in the bode

I think of all the good things that we’ve left undone

I suffer premonitions, confirmed suspicions

Of the holocaust to come

The rusty wire that holds the chord that keeps the anger in

Gives way and suddenly it’s day again

The sun is in the east even though the day is done

Two suns in the sunset:

Could be the human race is run?

Like the moment when the brakes lock

And you strain to watch the big strike

You try to stretch the moment with your fear

You will never again see their faces or hear their voices

You have no recourse to the law any more

As the windshield melts and my tears evaporate

Leaving only charcoal to defend

Finally I understand the feelings of the few

Ashes to diamonds/ foe and friend

We are all equal in the end.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I am ever hopeful that we embrace the amazing opportunities within our grasp to turn around health, society and the economy...

• prophecor
    prophecor

These times are radically becoming more difficult to deal with, even as Christ predicted they would. Daniel described with astonishing absolute accuracy, the times as we see them. The fact you now have the power at your finger tips to touch the truth with knowledge and information should help us to have appreciation for these days and times as they pertain to Biblical prophecy.

• metatron
    metatron

Jeez Louise! If we find out that ET's and UFO's are real, then quoting the Bible goes out the window! Done, over, finis.

If Bigfoot DNA, et al is real, does evolution finally win out in the popular mind? Missing link? Almost human, maybe?

Anti-aging? If we can live indefinitely, what happens to religion? Social Security? Big government?

Advanced 3-D printing? Factory jobs evaporate? Auto parts while you wait? Hello, Pirate Bay?

Stem cells? Empty out nursing homes, maybe? No more begging for organ donations?

Change has always been around, Yeah, I get it... but this looks like Change on Steroids Coming At Us.

metatron

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If Bigfoot DNA, et al is real, does evolution finally win out in the popular mind?

The answer is NO, of course. Don't confuse fact with engrained belief. Haven't you argued with jws enough to know that facts are irrelevant.

• prophecor
    prophecor

These times are radically becoming more difficult to deal with, even as Christ predicted they would. Daniel described with astonishing absolute accuracy, the times as we see them. The fact you now have the power at your finger tips to touch the truth with knowledge and information should help us to have appreciation for these days and times as they pertain to Biblical prophecy.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The predominant attitudes of Humans have changed little over time . . . and the manifestations have always been the same on a local, regional, and wider landscape. OT Hebrews under the mosaic law lived in a free-market capatalist system (check it out thoroughly if you don't believe me). The so-called 50 year jubilee was a correctional mechanism, but it was a farce. It was the same as serfdom where asset and resource-holders held all the power. The religious commentators of the day didn't need to gaze into the future . . . only observe what was happening around them. And like us today . . . they hoped for divine intervention.

We do live in unique times because these attitudes have globalised, and the world population has brought it to a climax. But divine intervention is as forlorn a hope today, as it proved to be back then.

Vidqun . . .

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

How do you know this? Perhaps it was higher during the Cuban missle crisis, or in the lead up to the civil war, or during the Gunpowder Treason?

maybe it was, EP. or even the french revolution. you dont need to take a poll to understand that this current generation is getting restless. the lies told by politicians are being recognised by the prolls to be complete B.S.

see, people with a group mentality are stupid... example, black friday. but people on a one on one basis can be quasi intelligent, enough to know when they are getting effed in the A.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and to answer the question EP, i work in a field where i have a solid idea of what is really happening in the world. business are closing, govt. is squeezing ppl. dry, ppl. are angry, service is getting worse, and petty crime is on the rise.

things will definately get worse before they improve. clean your guns and have a drink.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

EP, yes I know what astronomers do *sticks tongue out*

They cannot determine the exact date much like when scientists can't agree on stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit