Are We Living At The End Of An Age?

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Are We Living At The End Of An Age?

It is the ridiculous conceit of every generation that it is somehow the last before something BIG happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=730Ec63C6zg

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i dont know anything about ages or astronomy but i had a conversation with a relative about this. she brought up armageddon with the "world events" opening. i laid down the "noahs rainbow promise" reply and said that i thought we would eventually just destroy ourselves, no god needed. i told her that she was part of destroying the earth because she wastes fossil fuels which cause war, driving around in service. and that if anything, the mormons suffer more for their faith. and we both agree lds is a cult. OMFG she was still as thick as a bar of lead. but she respects me, i think she really thought about it.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and distrust of politicians is at an all time high. there is pressure building. unfortunatly it will not explode unless they take away internet. as long as we are pacified a real movement will not gain traction.

• Gayle
    Gayle

maybe,, there are all the time symbolic "end times," armageddons and new worlds,,old generations going, new coming into the world, governments going down, at least dcstatorships and totalitariam, but new governments forming, political parties coming and going,, old school educationss to new schools educations, some religions dying slowly but new beliefs starting, old attitudes to newer ones. All things change for a reason.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

and distrust of politicians is at an all time high

How do you know this? Perhaps it was higher during the Cuban missle crisis, or in the lead up to the civil war, or during the Gunpowder Treason?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think you are being a bit overdramatic. Each of us want to be part of something bigger than ourselves. It would be great to be part of an end that moves society into a new age.

But doesn't that happen all the time. The invention of the internet was pretty big, As big, I would suggest, as moving into the industrial age.

Despite the change we are pretty much the same.

Also, I am not sure how finding bigfoot will change life as we know it.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

we are living higher quality lives

we are earning more

we are eating more

we have more

we are living longer

we are healthier

we are surviving in higher numbers

we are seeing less crime

we are seeing more justice

we are more united

we are more educated

we are more informed

we are more free

we have more opportunity

we take more opportunities

we moan that it is not good enough and that it was probably better fo other people.....

To all those that believe its a terrible, down the plug hole time period we live in. What year and what country do you have in mind where things were better than they are in 2012?

(obviously things fluctuate regionaly, China is on a financial and social high, Greece not so much. But overall when do you believe life was better than it is now ?)

• talesin
    talesin

we are seeing more justice

uhhh, no.

But generally, I agree with the rest of what you said.

• metatron
    metatron

It seems that I must break it down for some....

Free energy would radically change the world - oil companies, banks, Middle East governments, terrorism, employment and could decentralize political power in ways that have never been possible before. Even a Really Good Battery could do much of this.

ET's/UFO's real? Revealed religion fades away into obsolesence.

metatron

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some people can't or don't see the big picture. Change has been a constant since the beginning of the universe. This planet and it's human sphere is no exception. The thing is though, human change is accelerating. Perhaps, this is part of the evolution imperitive. 'Ages' begin and end evey minute of the day. Everything influences everything else in minute ways.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit