Are We Living At The End Of An Age?

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the rate of novelty is excellorating. It took us millions of years developing how to make sharp stone tools and millions of years to develope better ways to throw them and on to bows and arrows, how to make fire, brewing beer so it can save the world, read the stars, make cities, fight wars, form governments over vast land areas, all the while the rate of novelty(inventing new things) is increasing at steady rate between shorter and shorter times sequences in the time line of the species.

Today the rate of novelty has encreased so much that it is impossible to keep up where as years ago it would be so gradual to be hardly noticable I'm talking back before our grand parents.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

ooppss!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The contrast of accelerating change and longer life spans, along w the booming of knowledge and awareness are all coming together to put a lot of stress on people of this time. It is only going to increase. We need to be more flexible, more open to persoanl evolution than before.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

It sure wouldn't bother me.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

The ashes of WW3 might open the way for change.

• sizemik
    sizemik

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And if there is no room upon the hill

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear

You shout and no one seems to hear

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

We are at a moment as momentous as the moment life moved from see to land, when the first hominid made repeatable marks and when mammals outcompeted dinosaurs. We have enough power to destroy ourselves, we have enough vestiges of -often theistic- tribalism to stop a one world government and the universal acquisition of knowledge and we have the Internet. Either we destroy ourselves in war or we globalise and become a secular powerhouse moving towards a type 1 civilisation.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

From your list I think perhaps 'life on Mars'. Not life per se, but the Mars Curiosity Rover finding either fossilized primitive cells or proteins that would have made life possible. People in general would shift away from religion if this were found, and the implications were easily explained to them by scientists.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think we will all die of boredom while waiting for the next cargo ship full of Chinese gadgets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit