Can a JWs Elder be "removed" if his wife is known as the congregation "gossip"?

by booker-t 33 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Part of the problem with the Elders wives gossiping is the guys tell their wives what happens in committee meetings and even Shepherding calls. Really a betrayal all around.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

How does it make me feel towards such an organisation, Arboles?

It makes me feel I never want to go near it or have it come near me again, nor anyone I love, ever again. It makes me feel as one of my sons felt when I told him I was talking with JW's a few years ago. Then I thought I was being open-minded. As their hypocrisy and power games became clear, which in a way was gradual, but I tried not to think about what I knew was really going on (because it was all Bible based, right?). At the end it was the behaviour of some elders which was so vile that got me to walk, but the discovery was traumatic, because it seemed to me I had burned so many bridges on my journey into the Witnesses.

But I discovered that my old friends were just glad to have me back in the real world. I feel that I have learned a valuable lesson, and now I listen to my gut feelings, and if I don't like an environment I find myself in, even on the Internet, I'll walk. The difference between people in the real world and the arrogant controlling behaviour of some powerfully-placed sisters...elder's wives (not all)...and some elders leaves me feeling revulsion for the organisation!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Funny thread. You want to know who the worst gossipers are in most congregations...its the pioneers, nobody home at the doors so they have to talk to each other about something.

Many elders wives are pioneers so this makes sense. Pioneers know everything going on in the congregation. If any elders are pioneers then they are in the know all the time by default.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The answer to the thread title question is simply:

Any elder can be removed for practically any reason at any time - it all depends on the local elder's political position and how well the elder is esteemed by the Circuit Overseer at the time.

The inverse is also true - in that some very badly qualified people have survived in this position for very long periods of time.

It is really just pure politics - plain and simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit