Can a JWs Elder be "removed" if his wife is known as the congregation "gossip"?

by booker-t 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

People would come to my mother (an elder's wife) to gossip, thinking she knew all the latest goss.

She didn't and would say so too. She didn't like gossip and if she did know something, she wouldn't talk about it.

So not ALL elders' wives gossip.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

true BP, the question was whether the cong would allow the husband to continue to serve with that going on in his house.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Nearly every elder's wife I ever heard of was the local radio station for gossip.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You said it Biometrics, that held true for cong I grew up in and the neighboring congs as well.

• biometrics
    biometrics

For the most part, the only thing that differs is the degree of gossiping.

Sure there may be exceptional cases where the wife doesn't gossip, but they are just that, exceptional cases.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I always assumed it was a prerequisite to be an elder's wife. I knew one just like that, Booker-t! It wouldn't surprise me if you went to the same KH that I did.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My ex MIL/wife of PO. She was the elderete who would spew advice at everyone, correct brothers reading at BS, spill backroom conversation contents, and yes, she looked just like Jezabel in the Rev book. She ran her husband around as well. INquiring into JC's etc. The other brothers eventually learned what the PO meant when he would say a "Publisher" has a corcern.......

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

The majority of elders wives I knew were notoroius gossips. There were a few who kept their mouths shut. My aunt was one.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    true BP, the question was whether the cong would allow the husband to continue to serve with that going on in his house

I'm well aware what the question was. I was replying to the other posters who were generalising about all elders wives being gossipers. My point was that they're not all gossipers.

Capice?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

It really depends on how much political capital the elder has saved up in the bank. If the elder body does not like you, and your wife is a gossiping bitch who talks about other brothers with lots of watchtower "certificates of deposit", you will be removed!

We have a elder who tells everything to his wife, she is the first to call her family to inform them if a brother is going to be df'ed, her husband has been brought before the elders six times since I came to this Hall, nothing ever happend to gossiping Dave and Dana. Long-time elder and long-time pioneer allows priveledges others don't have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit