VOTE TO REVOKE UK CHARITY STATUS OF JW CHARITIES! URGENT!

by Blablaman 82 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

To take BlaBlaMan's point on this as well, I wonder if those 13 complaints are against the same charitable entity, e.g. a single congregation or against several entities?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I hope that this petition gains more support. I wrote a similiar White House petition last spring and summer of 2012 that did not go far. In December of 2012, I was surprized to learn that there are 5 White House petitions to revoke the Tax Exempt Status of the Westboro Baptist Church or classify it as a Hate Group that I wrote about in the Thread "Petitions urge White House to classify Westboro church as hate group and . . .". Those White House petitions have collected over 300,000 signatures in total. So it is possble to collect a lot of signatures if you can sell the concept in a way that resonates with people.

Has anyone thought about contacting other organizations such as Gay Groups, Child Protection Groups, and Women Groups and explaining how the WTBTS and other Dangerous Cults adversely affect U.K. citizens? Has anyone thought about creating a more universal petition to investigate all Dangerous Cults in the U.K. that receive funds from the government? In times of fiscal challenges politicians may be willing to more closely scrutinize public spending.

I know from personal experience that organizing exJWs to becoming politically active is challenging. Another JWN member wrote that "organizing exJW is like herding cats."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

btt for a Facebook group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit