VOTE TO REVOKE UK CHARITY STATUS OF JW CHARITIES! URGENT!

by Blablaman 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for trying Scully, nothing to stop you good folks who are not British subjects from writing to the Charity Commission and confirming your knowledge of how the WT is simply not a genuine charity in your country, and yet funds are sent from the british arm of WT , funds that have received tax from british taxpayers.

www.charity-commision.gov.uk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump for all the U.K. Citizens on JWN...

• happy@last
    happy@last

Signed, eventually after the stupid captcha!

• Blablaman
    Blablaman

Come on, lets pass this on in any way we can. There has only been about 20 signatures in a few weeks.

Let make this Christmas agood one, buy getting Jehovah's Witnesses off of our tax exempting and charity list!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that captcha is not letting me sign, I'm having problems with captcha in Twitter as well.

• cofty
    cofty

Tried to sign it and it said I had already signed. No memory of doing so, it must have been a while ago.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

same her Cofty, I dont recall signing it

• cofty
    cofty

WT Conspiracy!!!

• cofty
    cofty

WT Conspiracy!!!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The public benefit requirement under the Charities Act 2006 has been amended by the Charities Act 2011 and came into force in March 2012.

Though it covers same requirement ground your petition question is flawed.

Should this reach 100,000 signatures it would be thrown out in the first instance as the 2006 Act doesn't apply. Even though it would be clear a mistake has been made and the wrong legislation refered to in the petition question, Parliament like any other legislature processes on correct wording for questions like these and wouldn't make the necessary changes themselves to the wording of the petition question to take into account the mistake of wrong legislation being used.

Further, I would have thought an appeal to the Charities Commission under s46, Charities Act 2011 would be more applicable, as under s15(1) Parliament has given the Charity Comission the power to decide who qualifies under the 'public benefit' function. Therefore even a successful petition question using the correct Act of 2011 would mean that Parliament on debating the issue would delegate the repsonsibility to the Charities Commission as they already have done.

Just my two pennys worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit