4 New BOEs as of Tuesday 4/28

by Atlantis 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks for these. What is interesting about the AD document is that the elders are being encouraged to have a copy of these documents on file. They therefore have a flag if there are any in congregation that refuse to do this.

I thought there might be a gradual fade on the blood doctrine but it appears not.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The fact that they are directed to destroy previous instructions ,May 2, 2012 ,May 2 ,2013 . and May 2, 2014 ,letters , shows they got it wrong in those years., hence the need to rectify it.

What confidence should Jehovah Witnesses have that they have got it right now,?

Judging by past experience I would not be very confident., would you ?

smiddy

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

In those letters it says that field service group overseers should make sure all in their group have filled in an advance directive form and that the secretary should have an up to date copy.

Wondering if they approach me with this as they know what I think of this crazy doctrine.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    You should confirm with each member of your group that they have a signed, witnessed and dated AD document, less than 5 years old. It is helpful to review the completeness and legibility of the document to ensure no mistakes have been made.
    For each member of your group, check that copies have been lodged with the witnesses of the AD document, the emergency contact, the publisher’s GP, and the congregation secretary.

I too thought that the WTS was letting the "blood issue" slip into the shadows of history. These letters seem to indicate the complete opposite. At least now I can prepare in advance what I'll say when they ask for a copy of mine.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Great. I've got a surgery coming up - this is terrible timing. Really don't want to get hassled due to this.

I guess they're doubling-down on the murderous blood ban. It really seemed like they were trying to slowly let it die there for a while.

Thanks for posting these.

• pronomono
    pronomono
    This could lead to a lot of us outing ourselves if we don't play along. My wife knows that I don't support the blood doctrine, but no one else does. I haven't carried an AD card in over a year, and I'm not about to. If I'm in an accident, I don't want the doctor having to guess whether or not he can give me a specific treatment or not. I prefer to not have blood, but I would willing accept as a last resort. If I can consciously choose another alternative, I figure that I'm in good enough condition that it's not an emergency decision. If I'm unconscious and can't make that decision, I'd rather have the doctor make it for me instead of a JW elder. My reasons for choosing non-blood alternatives are purely because I don't like the thought of another person's blood in me and the slight risk of medical complications that are associated with transfusions. But then again, I'm the kind of person that views rest and relaxation as the preferred alternative treatment to Tylenol/Advil. I don't take medicine or medical treatments unless absolutely necessary.
  • pronomono
    pronomono
    Oh, and thanks Atlantis!!!
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

If they ask you for a copy, ask if they comply with all the medical records privacy laws. In the States we have HIPAA (which technically only applies to health care providers), but you can ask if they VOLUNTARILY comply with it. Then show them the privacy requirements:

http://postimg.org/image/zcj18tull/

[url=http://postimg.org/image/zcj18tull/][img=http://s28.postimg.org/zcj18tull/hipaa_simplification_201303.jpg][/url]....booo....can't seem to post an image of the actual doc here.

Tell them you will provide a copy when they can show that their recordkeeping policies and procedures satisfy these requirements.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

strange. Why this? More pressure and more control for the weak ones????

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

fastJehu, yah I thought the same thing...Spiritual standing of publisher?

I don't remember anywhere in the Bible where it says that before Jesus did an act of kindness....like feed the hungry, heal the sick, lame and blind where he first had to ask the recipient.....What is your spiritual standing or condition?

I can see where a Pharisee would ask such a stupid question!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit