4 New BOEs as of Tuesday 4/28

by Atlantis 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Thanks Atlantis

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    This is clear evidence that the blood doctrine is still going strong!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

I don't know if this is simply JW Bethanal (sp intentional) bureaucracy at it's worst or a cynical attempt to weed out those who don't really support the blood doctrine.

• Splash
    Splash

Why would I want to discuss my medical situation, or give my life and death decisions to a bunch of plumbers, mechanics and window washers???

My local Secretary elder is so incompetent he barely knows how to use a telephone (yes, really!) and as such tries to dodge every responsibility he has by passing the buck and pointing the finger at everyone else.

Putting any decision in the hands of people like that is the same as throwing your life away.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    This makes me feel very sick when reading about it I don´t even have a AD document, because I don´t wanna die if I end up in hospital. What happens if I refuse to make a copy? Or will I get disfellowshipped by telling my true standing in this?
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Honestly I am surprised at the surprise. There is no possible way to wiggle out of the blood ban, than to slowly make everyone personally responsible for their actions, while not changing the policy of the organization, and removing the negative press and cause for possible future legal action.

THAT is what they have done. You won't be disfellowshipped for it, although that has not been formalized since that would signal change in doctrine.

They can't change the teaching. it will never happen. They can however shift blame, and step away from the mess while limiting their own culpability (in their minds).

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey gone bad...

They are not "directives" because that would imply that the society is directing dubs to make a certain decision. Changing the name implies that jo blow jdub came up with this decision all on his own w/out the help of anyone or any group.

pbrow

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Would be nice to see a U.S. version of this. The terminology here is for the UK version. In the U.S, I don't believe Advanced Directives (yes, that's what they're called here) ever expire. If I were a betting man, I'd bet this is specific for the UK branch territory. Can any elder in the U.S. confirm whether this applies here, too?
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    The terminology here is for the UK version. In the U.S, I don't believe Advanced Directives (yes, that's what they're called here) ever expire. If I were a betting man, I'd bet this is specific for the UK branch territory. Can any elder in the U.S. confirm whether this applies here, too?

I was wondering the same thing. But typically privacy laws are stronger in the UK and Europe, so I'd be surprised if there was an instance where U.S. privacy laws prevented the WTS from doing something, but UK/EU law permitted it.

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

Thank you Atlantis! Always appreciated. If you e-mail out, I hope you still have my e-mail address on your list.

Regardless, thanks for doing this for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit