What I think about the "We just love this idea" of David Splane

by Gorbatchov 41 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Of course he loves it, it solidifies his control.

What a jerk.

It's at times like this I hope there really is a God and that he's watching these kooks!

• prologos
    prologos

How can you dignify something that does not yet exixt? The great crowd "COMES OUT OF" the great tribulation not -THROUGH- it. We used to betold-believe that the great tribulation started in 1914, was interrupted to allow the great crowd to be created and GT to resume at the big A and so the GC could COME OUT of the GT. BUT the GC is an artifact of the GT. A crowd is disorganized as you would expect after the greatest disaster to strike the planet. IS the org of OS disorganized? A suggestion to toss around: The great crowd is the 12 tribes of the Israel of God minus - the 144 000 that are united with Christ in heaven, and they are not neatly grouped by 12 000s after that bad day. to quote Pauli, This prosed "dignified" is so bad, it is not even wrong! beabeoren.com blessings

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Lost G

David Plane is married, his wife's name is Linda....still I agree he may need to get laid! How do they come up with this crap and worse how can people believe it?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Splane is just arrogantly bullish that he's on the very top of the pyramid of power of the WTS.

I'm up here and the rest of you are down there.

There are many different kinds of characters who make up the GB of their WTS..

I would put Splane as probably the dumbest of the lot.

Realistically all the past presidents or GB members of the WTS. have never appeared to by intellectual strong individuals in general.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Fink, I think that Fred Franz turned down a Rhodes Scholarship to serve Jehovah.

• flipper
    flipper

" We just love this idea ". Yeah, I bet they do. Not only does it mean more power and control over rank & file JW's but it means more $$$$ for the WT leaders as they demand more $$$$ donations for the alleged " kingdom " work. Just disgusting. Tell me how in the hell this new idea " dignifies members of the great crowd " ? If anything it makes the " great crowd " more enslaved , captured, and in fear of the alleged " faithful slaves " power and control over them. Pisses me off. Freaking cult leaders. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

You better love "this idea" as it is from Jehovah , right?

Is there anything else you can say about this idea other than you love it?

I kinda like this idea, this idea works for me, I wish I would have thought up this idea myself, sometimes Jehovah has some awesome ideas.

NJY

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

cedars.....Yeah I was thinking of posting a video of Indiana Jones saying just that, in fact.

The comment reveals again that biblical interpretation mainly serves one purpose when it is done by the GB, justifying organizational policy. They don't care about what the text might actually have to say on its own terms. It's merely a prop for whatever changes they want to put into effect re how the R&F views them (the organization).

The new light makes no sense from an exegetical POV, tho tbh the old view was also quite nonsensical.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fink, I think that Fred Franz turned down a Rhodes Scholarship to serve Jehovah.

A college drop out and quite over estimated upon this classical Greek and biblical comprehension.

The good old brothers and sisters propped up his capabilities in the same way they propped up the organization of which they were faithfully devoted to.

Unfortunately he made himself to serve and work for the corrupt and devious religious publishing house WTS. and not God.

In evidence of his own endeavorer corruption, look at what he did concerning 1975.

I shouldn't have said all in my previous statement, there were obviously some cunningly smart people running the WTS.

but that doesn't take away from their own corruption and participation in this grand act of religious charlatanism.

• stapler99
    stapler99

Link to video for reference: http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/video-clip-2012-annual-meeting-program/

Thoughts on viewing this video: I'm seeing it very much as an outsider, whereas once I would have identified with it. There are many symbols of the religion, from the suits they're wearing, to the style of music which is playing in the background or the words they use ("serving at Bethel"). These symbols are completely empty in themselves, and they could signify anything or any organization. Much adherence to the religion is generated by these symbols, because they remind people of what they like about it, which is nothing specific to Jehovah's Witnesses themselves, but things like fellowship and excitement. I'm detached enough now that these don't pull me back in. The sense I get is warmth within, but stony coldness to outsiders.

Quibbling over the definition of "domestics" is really stupid, as it was just an illustration, not a prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit