What I think about the "We just love this idea" of David Splane

by Gorbatchov 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The JW.ORG video about the annual meeting contains David Splane saying "We just love this idea", when talking about the adjusted FDS doctrine.

What?!? "We just love this idea"????

When it becomes one of the fundament teachings of the organisational part of a religion, the rank-and-file witnesses are expected to be convinced about these kind of doctrines. And if you show in the local congregation some disrespect about these doctrines, you are marked and can be ousted or expelled by the elders, congegrational members, and more important, your JW family, who are teached in recent Watchtower article's that no contact can be remained, not even by use of email.

So, when all the witnesses have to believe in current and adjusted doctrines, the governing body members like David Splane can label an adjusted or new doctrine with the words "this idea" and publish this without any problem on the official website.

Thats what I just want to notice.

Gorby

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow.... Good catch. And scarry. I also notice he "loves the idea" that, by coincadance im sure, makes HIM the faithful and creep slave with absolute authority. And he loves it.... Wonder that.

• designs
    designs

At least Mr. crazy says its not from god.

More of those in need to be asking where the money went.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

bookmarking!! good catch...

• cedars
    cedars

Here's what I said on my own thread about the video related to this comment...

I was thinking some more about that comment from David Splane, which was (to repeat)...

"And brothers, we LOVE this teaching. We LOVE this idea, because it really truly does dignify the members of the Great Crowd."

It ocurred to me that "dignifying the members of the Great Crowd" shouldn't be any reason to LOVE a new teaching. Surely the primary purpose of bible teachings of any kind is to dignify Jehovah, not men - so why is the dignifying of the Great Crowd so important all of a sudden? Bear in mind that no other reasons for "loving" this teaching were given in this brief remark - only that it dignifies the Great Crowd. This also leads to the question... so was the Great Crowd UNdignified prior to this new teaching? Were they suffering unwarranted humiliation all those years when we believed the faithful and discreet slave to be the anointed? Do we owe ourselves an apology?

In my view, the comment was clearly designed to "sell" the new teaching to the audience, which would have been predominantly composed of non-anointed brothers. This alone speaks volumes. As I've already said, the truth should be the truth whether we "love" it or not, so personal feelings are irrelevant. The very fact that Splane felt compelled to make the teaching sound appealing to the majority of his audience with a "what's in it for you" type explanation hints strongly at the fact that the Governing Body really is just making this up as they go along.

Cedars

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Splane is really starting to look like a wack job.

Isn't he the single one? Dude probably needs to get laid.

Along with Cedars' thoughts, what does that say about the Great Crowd before? Were they just the dregs of the org?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

David Splane was the guy that woke me up when at a District Convention he stated that the friends appreciated the GB's mercy in eliminating the book study arrangement. The arrogance in that statement ticked me off and made me want to dot his eye.

Now reading this thread he calls one of the most central doctrines, if not the most central, a great idea smh. This noo-lite doesnt dignify anyone other than the GB. This new understanding centralizes authority on paper and reaffirms the pecking order. Whats that worm? Oh you're annointed too? And that makes you what? Just another publisher with or without a heavenly hope. Take a number please, this deli line is getting kinda long.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ Governing Popes..

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

What David Splane really wanted to say here (but obviously couldn’t) is the following:

“We really love this idea because it kills two birds with one stone. Primarily, it elevates the prominence of the governing body since we no longer represent the anointed nor do we need to act as its lowly spokesperson. Secondly, this will deter you common folk from bitching about being second-class brethren because we’ve just lowered the status of the non-GB anointed all the way down to your miniscule level.”

(But instead, he has chosen his words cautiously and has cleverly convinced nearly all in attendance that this new arrangement actually “dignifies” the non-anointed. This will go over everyone’s head when it goes into print)

• scotoma
    scotoma

assholotron!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit