Out with a bang or Fade

by Honeybucket 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• finally awake
    finally awake

In the fall of 2011, I was still 100% "in" mentally, although I hadn't been out in field service more than 4 or 5 times since my youngest son was born in 2007. I was on the school, andI was still pretty regular at the meetings, but I could rarely focus on what was being said due to the distractions provided by my kids. We still were invited to the occasional get together, and I hadn't really taken the time to sit down and really think about why I was so miserable and depressed. If asked, I would have spouted the party line and expressed a desire to "do better". We ended up missing the Special Assembly Day in November because the little one barfed all over himself on the way over there. We had a shepherding call scheduled for the following week, and the elders were so over the top with the browbeating about going out in service and making every single meeting and "the end is soooooo close, don't slack off now". After they left, Just ROn and I started really talking. He asked me point blank if I still wanted to be a witness. He had asked me that question before, maybe not quite so directly, and I had always said yes. This time, it finally just clicked in my head that I really didn't want to be a dub and I took the risk to just be honest about it. I never went to another meeting, and I have avoided speaking to anyone from the hall other than the briefest of greetings in public places. Ron went a couple of more times, and he has spoken to the elders a little bit. I don't know what they think of us, it doesn't matter because they have no authority and I am busy enjoying myself now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They had one too many chances to get me in with the opposite sex. Instead, they stripped and stripped whatever good was in the boasting sessions until the whole thing came down like a Jenga game when you remove the wrong stick. And I would have thought that, once I started missing more and more boasting sessions, they would have realized that doing that was only going to lead me right out. One day, they ran out of chances and I simply quit going. Of course, I did it in such a way as to waste the maximum amount of their resources.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was very "active" for years, including a point where I knew I needed to leave.
    Finally decided to do a quick fade. I was an elder in the summer, resigned and missed many more meetings, stopped "field service" and totally stopped going after the memorial in the spring.

Since leaving, I did go back one year later to the memorial, but no more. I have bumped into a few JW's but have refused to meet with elders, who only politely offered a couple of times.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I didn't want my name connected with that pedophile-hiding cesspool, no matter what it cost me. I DA'd with a two sentence letter.

• Glander
    Glander

I guess I chose to out with a bang. an understatement.

Maybe again here too after my twinkies post

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I went out with a bang. I tried to quietly quit being a pioneer and ministerial servant. Told them I did not have the time for pioneering with working a full time job and that I didn't think I was ministerial servant material. I just kept repeating the same things over and over again and then after hammering me for about a half hour I decided I couldn't live the lie anymore and told them why the GB and WT was wrong. Haven't been back to a meeting since and have only gone to the hall once for a funeral.

I was never officially disfellowshipped. I think it was only because I never said any of that stuff to any other JW. I only said it to the elders and to my mom and stepdad. I have not discussed it with them since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit