Out with a bang or Fade

by Honeybucket 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

What did you decide to do?

Leave with a bang, trying to educate those around you before leaving? perhaps writing letters to others forgiving/ asking for forgiveness.

or

Did you just fade, perhaps hoping no official announcement will keep your lines to your family open?

I'd like to hear your experiences and your exit strategies. What you wish you did instead or what you could change.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Never went back. Cold turkey.

• blondie
    blondie

Never went back, one day in, one day gone.

I never had contact with my family again.

• prologos
    prologos

What were the exit strategies of Jesus, Isaiah, Jeremia? do good and let them do their thing. it will be told at the end.

• sd-7
  • Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Im bitter- I just wanna tell them off, not all, but some.There are lots of meek, humble witnesses. Then are those that are like the cool kids in high school, except you have to deal with them your whole life, n hot just for 4 years. I guess thats life though!

We all have our hangups

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

We talked about a long slow goodbuy...ended up going cold turkey. From regular 10 hour+ publishers to nada!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Once I made up my mind for sure it was BS, I left and never returned. I will be 2 years out next week. I've never been happier and more relaxed.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Have kids and an uber dub ex-wife. Could not afford to fade. Im a pretty firm beleiver that if you have kids you cannot afford to fade. I still have contact w/ family on the inside. Trying to make progress with them but they are def still motivated by fear of "losing all the good friendships"

pbrow

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

faded over 20 years and in 2001 moved countries & neva attended again from 2002 memorial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit