When You Were Sitting During The Meetings What Were You Really Thinkng About?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to listen to all the stupid comments and wonder if I could sneak out of there and scram! Even after I resigned as an elder, I went for a while and eventually began missing more and more meetings. But while I was there, I'd listen to comments, chuckle to myself how dumb it all was and then go home with the knowledge that my days were numbered there.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ferrari.

• minimus
    minimus

LOL

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

During the service meeting, "Please let this meeting end on time." "He goes over on every part he does, why do they keep putting him up there?" "Why would you use her for a demo? She can barely read without stuttering." "I hope I can make it to the liquor store on time."

During the WT Study, "Sister, the reader already read the paragraph! There's no need for you to read it afterwards!" "He asked the A part question stupid! The A part!!" "All they ask of you is to walk up and down the aisle and hand someone the microphone and you can't even get that right. Leave the microphone on jackass!" "His hairline is almost as bad as Lebron's. Don't know why he doesn't just cut it all off."

Right before the closing prayer and announcement is made, "Bro.Fearless LEader would like to see all the elders after the meeting. Let us petition JEhovah in prayer." Me, "Shit!!!, for what?!?!?!? This better not be about whether or not to have a garbage can in the kitchen again."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

"I hope I can make it to the liquor store on time."

Start going before, then you can have a few in the parking lot before the meeting starts.

Mostly I was just thinking "Is it almost over, how much longer"

Once I woke up, I actually started listening. Six months of realizing it was a big bullshit shoveling exercise, I said no more for me.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

TS - Right on!

I would be thinking, "OMG, he can squeeze his missionary service in Honduras into every freaking comment he makes."

"Yes, Brother Folksy, we've heard that story at least 50 times."

"She's got 3 inches of gray roots showing. Why doesn't she get it touched up?"

"If that kid doesn't stop kicking the back of my chair I'm going to turn around and stare at his mother."

"If you've got a bad cough stay home for pity's sake!"

"Why does he keep wearing white socks with his suit?"

"The 'ch' sounds like a 'k' you moron!"

• minimus
    minimus

I'm lovin this thread!!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Um...usally about sex. Carrying mike's always had the sisters you love to um hold the pole for.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

OK this gonna be completly wrong...I would count/imagine how many sisters were 'doable' at each meeting.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

darth-hahah! I was doing the same thing, but in reverse, 'which brothers here are hot'? Also, I would count how many people were wearing what colors...15 wearing different shades of green, 12 reds, 7 blue and so on. At assemblies, I'd count the number of sisters wearing hats, seating section by seating section. The black sisters always were far in the lead in sheer numbers of hat wearing, they also tended to wear them so much better...why is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit