Watchtower Real Estate Fire Sale = Comfort for the Jews?

by Calebs Airplane 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Has anyone noticed that all the Watchtower buildings in Brooklyn are (so far) being sold to real estate investment companies owned and operated by Orthodox Jews? Seriously, I couldn’t identify one single Watchtower building in Brooklyn that went to a non-Jewish real estate firm.

Is the Rothschild family finally cashing in on the initial investment they made in the Watchtower at the end of the 19 th century? I have to wonder if they foresee a collapse or mass exodus in the near future and want to cash in their chips before these lose any more value.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It just goes to show how inept the WT are as a Real Estate company, these guys are buying so as to develop the sites and make a profit.

Now, the WT could not be seen to do this, but there is a way to sell property on, and share in any profits from development thereof, a Joint Venture, do you think the WT has in fact entered in to a number of joint ventures , secretly, thus explaining the lowish price that most of the property made ?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Phizzy... good question... Also, interesting point you make about the very low prices (albeit the current market conditions)..

For example…

360 Furman St, sold to Robert Levine of Jewish-owned RAL Companies & Associates in 2004 for $205 million

89 Hicks St, sold to Jewish-owned Brooklyn Law School in 2006 for $14 million for student housing.

67 Livingston St, sold to a private Jewish investor in 2006 for $18.6 million.

Standish Arms Hotel, 169 Columbia Heights, sold to Jewish-owned Taurus Investment Holdings in 2007 for $50 million.

67 Remsen St, sold to private investor for $3.25 million. Deal was brokered by Jewish-owned Eastern Consolidated Real Estate Investment Services.

50 Orange St, sold to Jewish-owned Sugar Hill Capital Partners in December 2011 for $7.1 million.

183 Columbia Heights, sold to undisclosed investors in April 2012 for $6.6 million but the deal was brokered by Jewish Real Estate firm Massey Knakal.

161 Columbia Heights, sold to undisclosed investors in March 2012 for $3 million but the deal was brokered by Massey Knakal Realty Services.

165 Columbia Heights, sold to private investor January 2012 for $4.1 million. Brokered by Massey Knakal.

Bossert Hotel, 98 Montague St, recently sold to Jewish-owned Rosewood Realty Group for $81 million.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Veddy intedestink.

S

• trujw
    trujw

You think JW's are bad. Go to Isreal and talk about Christ. You will find out very quickly what they really think of Non Jews and Christians.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

tru_jw... wtf does that have to do with this thread???

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Not sure where this is going, but I'll add that the Monroe, NY assembly hall was sold to the nearby Hasidic community several years back:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/47842/1/Hasidem-Territory

• trujw
    trujw

My point is their community is very much like JW's just much more millitant. Read any jewish newspaper and it always comes down to "is it good for us jews" That is there only and main concern as a community not unlike many Jw's. One is good or bad based on how they treat a jew or in our case a jw. When one is outside this group dies or is persecuted it does not really mean as much. Much like what I have gotten what I deserve cause I left jw's. It has nothing to do with them buying property just an observation on thier group think

• sir82
    sir82
    I have to wonder if they foresee a collapse or mass exodus in the near future and want to cash in their chips before these lose any more value.

"Foresee"? This bunch?

Yeah, based on their 1878 / 1914 / 1915 / 1918 / 1925 / 1940 / 1975 / 20th century track record, they're the experts at "foreseeing".

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Caleb..thanks for that summary. That is $400 million right there!

Does anyone have a list of the properties they still own in Brooklyn and their approximate value?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit