Question?

by Ethos 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

If multiple accounts were allowed, I would come back as a JW apologist and use WT reasonings to open up discussions so people could see both sides. I guess I could do it on my current account. But then people would think I was actually a JW, and that makes me nausious to think about...

Hmmm...might be fun though...And maybe it might get other JW lurkers to contribute to the debate and add their views so a conversation can be started with them too...

• Londo111
    Londo111

Isn't there a 10-posting a day limit for new members until they reach a certain point? That might be why Ethos doesn't respond much.

• TD
    TD

Ethos,

I'm not sure what, 'The truth about the truth' is, but as I indicated in another thread, I think the transfusion medicine taboo is the single biggest thing wrong with the JW faith.

The teaching sprang from a misconception about what blood actually does in the body and this is very, very clear in the late 40's, early 50's literature. Subsequent argumentation has all been flawed in one way or another, relying on false analogies, grammatical misconstructions and assertions about what the Law requires that are downright false.

You have asserted in another thread that blood nourishes the body, but you were not clear if this was simply a reference to instrumentality or if you were making a claim about the nature of blood itself.

I would still like to hear you flesh that out a bit and explain why you accept the teaching, if in fact you do. I'll be more than happy to elaborate on any of the assertions I have made above.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• jgnat
    jgnat

NJY, in my most humble opinion, Witnesses leave for many different reasons. The fundamental problem is the governance structure itself. As long as there are time cards, as long as WTS cannot be questioned, as long as there are closed-door judicial meetings, as long as there is disfellowshipping and shunning, as long as problems like pedophile infiltration is covered up rather than openly acknowledged and dealt with, there will be painful reawakenings and exiting Witnesses.

Also, if they don't get with the times, they will become ever more irrelevant. This includes allowing women in leadership and speaking positions, open inclusive governance, discussion boards, children's programs, and switch from paper to electronic media.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

• Ethos
    Ethos

Yes...it's true. My posting is still restricted (this is my 1st of only 3 more allotted posts in the next 12 hours), and I am unable to start a new topic for about 1 more hour. I intended to discuss and engage in conversation....but this way is just kind of draining and frustrating to be honest. Profuse apologies.

• flipper
    flipper

ETHOS- You know- from what I've seen in some of us exiting the Jehovah's Witnesses ( and I include myself in this ) it was the many injustices that we experienced inside the organization that caused us to leave the organization. Not necessarily the doctrines. So as Leaving WT mentioned earlier to debate with Witnesses on their doctrines is like pissing against the wind- they are so mind controlled they put a block wall mental block up and can't be reasoned with. Just pointless arguing.

But I have brought up injustices to JW's at my door like the child abuse coverups, and used other religions to use as examples like the catholics, Mormons, etc. in that THEY have tolerated child abuse and then tried to get the JW to comment. Usually the JW will get upset at the OTHER religions tolerating it, then I've shared with them news releases concerning the Candace Conti child abuse case with the WT society and I notice something starts clicking in some of them. So pursuing the injustice angle may be a little more successful than asking questions about doctrines. Just my 2 cents

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let's make it simple:

Q: Which topic will make a JW wake up?

A: When they're ready, almost any will do; if they're not, none!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit