Question?

by Ethos 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Ethos
    Ethos

First of all I'd like to apologize on behalf of my "college dropout" thread. I intimated it as a humorous and SOMEWHAT true form of sattire. I didn't think people here would take it so seriously and literally. There were obvious inequivalences, of which I INFERRED the readers would subconsciously assume. I feel that perhaps it contused the reputation I had scarcely had by giving credence to stereotypes and perceptions that I'm yet another troll JW apologist who lacks ability to think critically and argue coherently. So if you're willing to take me and what I say in consideration once more, I'd like to really prove myself. I'm not that dense nor am I so shallow and given to misconcept as it perhaps came across. So I will put more effort into cohesive and serious posts henceforth.

So I'd like to take a poll: Which topic would you like to see a JW discuss most? Another way of putting it, what topic do you think would undoubtedly cause him to wake up to 'the truth about the truth'.

Evolution, 607, 1914, blood, Trinity brochure, the name Jehovah, child abuse, disfelowshipping, etc.?

or maybe something that lead you to become an atheist or convert to another religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Another way of putting it, what topic do you think would undoubtedly cause him to wake up to 'the truth about the truth'.Ethos

Nothing you can,say will "Make" a JW wake up..

Your a good example of that..

They have to figure it out on their own..

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I thought this was covered this in my tipping point thread? Everyone has a different tipping point. It all depends on what's important to you.

I mentioned that it seemed many were HERE because they had found theirs. You said yours was the Trinity. I'd recommend you research your own topic of interest before you get creamed by the crowd again.

• Ethos
    Ethos

Read the fine print, Outlaw. I said WHICH topic would wake a JW up, not what a person would say. Most people here didnt 'figure it out own their own'. Sure they had doubts/questions but the Internet had a significant role.

No it wasnt covered....the question also asks what JWN would like to see discussed. Obviously everyone has their own tipping point, but that thread was obviously more of a copious gang-up against me, rather than a consensual survey. Come on guys, read closely and dont be so quick to try to insult /dismantle what I said.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why does the WT Society practice Information Control, forbidding members from publicly reading and publicly discussing "apostate" literature?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Read the fine print, Outlaw. I said WHICH topic would wake a JW up....Ethos

Sorry my mistake..I`ll reword it..

There is no Topic that will "Make" a JW wake up..

Your a good example of that..

They have to figure it out on their own..

thsmilie_happy_251.gif

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Okay, I'm sorry.

Ethos, many on this forum have looked at these topics from 360 different degrees and have reached the same or similar conclusion(s) and we all have very different backgrounds (mine is non-jw).

Conversely, the JWs I know seem to claim ultimate superiority and command of these topics based solely on what the WT literature provides them. If WT logic is all you have to provide, I'm thinking you're wasting your time and everyone else's.

Maybe I'm not clear on your goal. What's your goal?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Internet did not exist when I left. It was primarily a gut reaction. The local brothers were not educated. Most were functionally illiterate. They had to teach me b/c I have a vagina but they could not do 3rd grade reading comprehension.

As I told you before, college opened my eyes completely. Reading the Bible itself, not Witness lit, was a major epiphany.

Why don't you discuss what you find interesting rather than assuming you can convert us. It is insulting to us. You must have doubts because a true Witness would not present themselves to mentally diseased demons.

Your Harvard letter was a bad joke. Yet in its appalling humor, it revealed all the weak trademarks of an active JW. It was arrogant. Contrasting Harvard with the WT was not a bright way to go. Harvard stands for knowledge and intellect. The Witnesses stand for group think. Harvard allows its students great freedom. It brainwashes no one.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ethos,

What made Ba'laam change course? Oh, that's right, he didn't despite divine intervention. What made Saul of Tarsus change when he received divine intervention? He wanted to, no one forced him. There was no changing Saul's course until the right influence from Christ came along, and Saul had to want to change. Christ also knew Saul would change given the right motivation. What is your motivation, really? If your motivation is to search for truth, not " the truth " as JW's say then you will find it. If you want to protect men's ideologies or shield yourself from any hardship that knowing truth may bring, then you won't because you will never search for it. If you don't love truth, really love truth, then you will be content to live under an operation of error. Just empty yourself, and stop relying on men's thoughts. When God's word says not to put your trust in men, that is what it means. Do yourself a favor and stop reading the Watchtower for 2 months. Just read God's word and pray for Holy Spirit to see truth. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would lead you into all truth. It will, but you have to want it. You must be fed up with half-truths and lies, even lies from those who think they are your Spititual Mother protecting you from the outside world. So do you WANT to know truth? No one can answer that for you.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Ethos. Technically I am a JW, so if I wanted to know what a JW thought I would just ask myself.

If you are asking what we think we would like to discuss with YOU, then I suppose the question would be what teaching is a deal breaker for you? For me its blood. I think it is a full stop for me and I am still skidding.

Would you consider yourself a JW apologist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit