A letter from a College Dropout

by Ethos 73 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ethos,

"""Therefore, I purchased extremely costly textbooks written by your professors. But guess what, I purchased the twelfth edition of these biology and anatomy textbooks. I went online, did some research, and found the first 11 editions. Can you believe how much they have changed the information and illustrations contained therein?? Biology doesnt change. Anatomy isnt changing. One day you want us to believe DNA is everything, then the next day 98% of it is leftover genetic junk DNA, and now its vitally important again. Which is it? Does biology suddenly flip flop what it does?"""

What's the real problem here the cost of the book? or the fact that it is the 11th edition in a subject where new information is always coming to light and so the need for constant revision?

Either way you look at it the cost of the book seems to be the least trouble some of the two.

My suggestion to you is do a good unbiased inquirey into these subjects of biology/Dna/Junk Dna... and take away the WT filters you have been programmed with to see the world, forget all this stuff that has been crammed into your head about the evils of a higher education the Governing Body have had drummed in your head.

They know they can't prove they are God's approved spokeperson to people who go to college and learn "Critical Thinking". Many who go to college loose thier faith in the Governing Body and they don't like it because they loose money when that happens bottom line, remeber they are the Watch Tower Corporation and they have to make business decisions to ensure thier survival as a business that is why education is out unless it come from them it is worldly and no good..

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Really pointing out obvious things like this and being pedantic about every little statement of the illustration is a sign of debility, not the intellectual prowess you're trying to flaunt by disproving my point. It shows that when you read it, you used no critical thinking skills to make reasonable or implied inferences.

So by showing that your analogy does not work on any level...step by step, line by line, using clear and factual reasons.... we are not using critical thinking skills.

I don't think the words "critical thinking" mean what you think they mean.

(And, as we showed in our arguments, none of your 'implied inferences' were 'reasonable'.)

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

marked

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Just one thought:

College biology textbooks would be changed when MORE ACCURATE information is found and tested to be correct.

Jw books (doctrine) are changed once the STUDENTS discover that the current information is NOT ACCURATE although they do not have anything more accurate to replace it with, but it must be replaced none the less.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit