A letter from a College Dropout

by Ethos 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Ethos
    Ethos

Dear Harvard University,

I have decided go leave this institution of education. Let me explain why. First of all, you coerced me out of my will into joining this university. I was not made thoroughly aware of what is expected of me and given the option to choose whether I would consent to these terms and conditions. Therefore, I purchased extremely costly textbooks written by your professors. But guess what, I purchased the twelfth edition of these biology and anatomy textbooks. I went online, did some research, and found the first 11 editions. Can you believe how much they have changed the information and illustrations contained therein?? Biology doesnt change. Anatomy isnt changing. One day you want us to believe DNA is everything, then the next day 98% of it is leftover genetic junk DNA, and now its vitally important again. Which is it? Does biology suddenly flip flop what it does? Whatever these pseudo, self appointed, biological innovators say we believe. Every thing they write we are expected to memorize, regurgitate, and blindly accept as truth. Whatever the history book tells us happened, they test us on and REQUIRE us to believe whatever they write. I have read several books and can perfectly identify cults and this describes the manner in which your facility operates. Whenever someone disagrees with your beloved administrators they are disciplined and are shunned and thrown out. They cannot tell me, a grown man, what to do. I am done with this cult, and I am throwing away my textbooks! But I will continue to write about, speak about, and think about your organization because I hate it zo much. I must let the world.know about how great of a cult you are

-Ethoz

• minimus
    minimus

Substitute college with Watctower Society.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Oh ethos, you have obviously NEVER been to Harvard to understand why your little analogy is so lame.

Unlike attending meetings of the wtbts, attending Harvard does not promise salvation and yet delivers more opportunities than you can imagine in your little JW bubble.

SCIENCE IS NOT RELIGION.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

repetition for emphasis?

Ethos ; what do you think about child abusers and baby rapists that still serve in positions of responsibility allegedly blessed by and appointed by the Holy Spirit within your religious organization?

• Ethos
    Ethos

Dont get too pedantic about the specifics. Obviously I havent been to Harvard.

• Witness My Fury
  • sir82
    sir82

Dear College student,

You miserable little worm! How dare you criticize us!

Do you not realize we speak for GOD! GOD! WE ARE THE SPOKESMEN FOR GOD!

If you say anything at all against us at all, it is exactly the equivalent of spitting in God's face.

We have written to all of your family and friends and given them strict orders not to communicate with you at all, nor even to acknowledge your existence. If they do not heed our loving counsel, we will get in touch with our loving muscle man, Julius Christos, and he will strike them dead.

If, at some point in the future, you wish to reconsider and join our loving academic family again, you will wear a "dunce cap" while auditing classes. You will not be permitted to speak in class. All students will be instructed to ignore you as if you do not exist.

After a period of, well, who knows, exactly -- maybe 6 months, maybe 5 years, it all depends on the mood of the professors -- you may be reinstated into our loving academic family. However, you will still have to continue to prove your loyalty by means of restrictions, for, well, who knows -- maybe 3 months, maybe a year, maybe 3 years, it all depends on the mood of our professors. After that time you will be permitted the privilege of working to advance the interests of our loving academic paradise once again.

We really don't much care if you decide to return to our loving family and rejoin our academic paradise - but if you do, you sniveling piece of dog crap, know that it will cost you dearly.

Your brothers,

The governing body of Harvard University.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Obviously I havent been to Harvard.

You're shitting me?!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“… they test us on and REQUIRE us to believe whatever they write.”

Dead wrong there buddy.

1. Academics INSIST that students rigorously TEST what they are taught for validity.

2. Academics REJOICE when a student DEMONSTRATES by rigorous TEST that a teaching is wrong.

3. Academics teach students objective METHODOLOGY for TESTING and then encourage their own teaching be exposed to that METHODOLOGY.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Obviously I havent been to Harvard.

Obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit