SADNESS

by compound complex 60 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Nancy, Zed and Rip:

Wishing you well, thanking your for your stories and kind words and hoping things are looking up for you.

While unable, perhaps even unwilling to discuss my concerns here, let's just say that much of our distress in life results from difficulties with people. Some are contentious non-listeners, prone to unreasonableness, and others are good-natured listeners who want to settle matters quickly and get on with friendship and life.

I'm caught 'twixt the twain.

All the best.

CoCo

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Good morning, CoCo. Thank you for letting us know the source of your distress. I hope your matters will be settled soon, CoCo.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The idea of getting on with life is kind of strange isn't it. An friendship well i think I've run everybody off because I can't stay away from controversial topics and I don't mean politics more like interesting archeological finds with bizarre inplications. i try to get people to jump out of the security thought plane without a parachute and see what we can find out. I try to be nice and talk about everyday stuff but somehow I start dragging them off somewhere they don't want to go. Fortunately my husband is the same way most people get their fill of us. When we were witnesses people had to be nice to us and at first the information was new and unusual but as natural born apostates it was just a matter of time. I've known alot of people in my life quite a few have died we were once friends maybe, maybe not. i'm still fascinated by the concept of getting on with friendship what does that mean anyway? A friend should be there for the duration and you should be able to talk openly about what you think and not have to hide who you are. is it sadness? maybe more like disappointment. Or maybe it's just the way it is and you observe it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

When we have expectations of a friend and what friendship means, we may find that we have differing viewpoints on the matter. Sometimes our friends disappoint us and that can cause a deep hurt or wound not so easily healed. I think disappointments do lead to sadness.

Honestly, I try not to overthink it or analyze it. I care about people. I care about and love my friends. And I know somewhere a long the line I will be hurt by them. Because once I leave the jW's for good they will no longer be my friends. And I know that I will hurt them by my decision. The difference is I will never stop being their friend. And hopefully, if any of them should awaken they will recognize that I am still their friend.

I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt.I never want to presume anything as I know how perceptions can often be wrong. I think when people are friends they SHOULD be able to speak to eachother without judgement and talk openly, Nancy. But on the other hand, sometimes a friendship runs it's course. When there are no longer commonalities; people on different roads in life, maybe it's best to part ways.

• compound complex
    compound complex

THANKS, dear Rip and Nancy, for your lovely commentaries.

I went to bed a bit ago (after breakfast nap), depressed and hopeless over the specifics of my posted but vague concern. I prayed, 'if you are Jehovah and are really there and you do care about my knotty problem, you might want to help me asap.'

I awoke to a totally unexpected message on my phone machine. Worry over lost friendship and income was put to rest once I responded. There was no need to say or do anything. The problem had evaporated.

I love youse kids!

CoCo

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I Loves Youse TOO!!!!!!!

And in my excitement for your good news- I forgot to say I'm happy that you had a resolution!

CoCo- since I'm limited I am acknowledging your next post in advance. Oh, did I forget to tell you that I'm a Pyschic!! You will be telling me that on WFTD it has reached a little over 1900 more hits since I hit 60,000!!! Mark my words!!! LOL

• compound complex
    compound complex

, rip!

Back on WFTD, at 2000 new hits since your 60,000-hit special!

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

The clouds have cleared away and,
    once again, I see what had never
    moved though heart and mind
    were blind for that moment
    of my enveloping fog . . .

You, my love, never left my side.
    Why, then, could I not see you,
    nor sense your warmth so
    effusive and cheering?
    Will I ever know?

• snowbird
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thought about Independence Day. No, not THE 4th of July so much, you know? Just the pros and cons of really taking THE leap. As another anniversary of my best friend's death is near, I'm thinking about those wishes she held in her heart for me. Of course, Mom wanted me to be happy, healthy and have a good life. It's funny how a person can be strong, courageous and resilient for everybody else but not for self. Not really sure why. Anyway, tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit