SADNESS

by compound complex 60 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

He sold his art and his soul for pennies on the dollar. Hunger tracked him down, forced him to do things A well-fed man would never have the nerve to do. Desperation led to this honorable man's dishonor And a calamity that his peers, in their luxury, could Not fathom, they whose hearts are thick, insentient, Cold . . .
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Always wonderful to read your latest creation CoCo.

Many, many times I have felt that these lyrics could just as easily have been meant for you:

But I could have told you, Vincent,
    This world was never meant for one
    As beautiful as you.

Keep on writing, we'll keep on reading.

If the pain is ever too much, please send me (us) a PM or e-mail.

You are VERY much appreciated.

om

• compound complex
    compound complex

Likewise, Open mind, is it always a pleasure hearing from you!

Apart from the ups-and-downs we all deal with, any sadness I experience "today" is mild and temporary. I can draw instantly upon a common experience or daily circumstance and turn it into something tragic . . .

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate you and your contributions. Thanks for your kind offer, too.

CoCo le Survivant

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Your poems are lovely, thanks for sharing. I think sometimes it's good to visit past hurts and disappointments, the act of writing about it is a kind of healing maybe, at least it is for me. I don't write poetry, or at least not much, but I journal.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, LisaRose:

Journaling is a good practice. The most mundane entry may someday become part of a story or poem.

Thank you, too, for sharing.

Best.

CoCo

BTW: Looks as if we became members within a week or two of each other!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I have several stories I play around with in my head and after reading what you and lisarose had to say it brought me into one of them. It's a story about a high powered woman whose life has no room for what's really important and for some reason she has to go to maine for a weekend and housesit in a very old house by the coast.While there she's very edgy but happens on a old diary of a woman much like herself from a hundred years ago. Then the story goes back in time and plays out this other womans life and the missed opportunites and the sadness she experiences. The woman in the present time becomes overwhelmed by her life and has an epiphany and as she reads the final pages of the diary her cell phone rings and what she says reflects the change that this diary has had on her.

I think I'm creating my own movies because I see them as people having conversations walking around the room. it's all very visual.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Nancy . . .

Off and running, but had to acknowledge how cool that "movie treatment" is. Also, your egg poem: SUPERB!

CoCo to work

• compound complex
    compound complex

Deep, deep in the cellar of my soul, there lurks a want, an untold want that clung to me before seeping into
    the confines of a heart bereft of all joy, all hope.

At the foot of a stairwell I stand, awaiting some signal,
    some sign that I should at once abandon the crippling
    desperation that for too long has held me in chains.

I look upward and see your face, a countenance that
    radiates a purity and goodness that I could never
    have hoped should visit one so helpless as I . . .

You reach down, smiling and beckoning, while I gather
    courage to cut these chains and cast off despair that
    ne'er more shall hold me in the prison of my mind.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

CoCo, from despair and bondage to hope, courage and freedom!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, rip!

Thanks for stopping by.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit