SADNESS

by compound complex 60 Replies latest jw friends

• eva luna
    eva luna

Sounds like you need a

Take care of yourself CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

I see, FHN -- could very well be. Maybe, the so-called Truth?

Thanks

CC

Thanks, rip . . . will "talk" soon.

CC

She wraps me in her cold embrace,
    a hold that will not let go . . .

I welcome her with half a heart,
    which is more than I truly have.

One time - in my ardent youth -
    I was unaware that sadness

Lurked outside the playground
    fence, biding her time; she

Knew I'd venture out, as all boys
    do, when 'safe and sound'

From elders' lips fell on deaf ears
    of silly boys of simple heart.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, eva; you and friends are all so kind. I'll be all right. The emptiness has returned but it's not a problem without a solution.

I'm receiving much support from all sides.

Much love,

CC

• eva luna
    eva luna

It seems that gentle souls feel all ranges of emotion rather intensly. This can be good , but it can also leave you feeling raw and naked to the world.

Stay with your true , safe, stable freinds. Wrap them around you like a warm blanket against a sometimes cold world.

Much love to you too,

Eva

• compound complex
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I felt melancholy today, too, CoCo. It will pass.

My deceased mother's birthday was on the 12th and I felt a lot of sadness because I allowed 17 of her birthdays to pass without acknowledgement. And she is gone. So...

I have been listening to sad music and it doesn't help!!! But, I want to feel emotions because I have denied my feelings for so long, Coco.

I hope whatever hurt you feel will subside soon.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, rip, for sharing your sadness. I'm sorry.

How well I understand what you describe regarding unacknowledged birthdays. I sent a "birthday" card today to a loved one yet recall how, over 40 years ago, I contacted a dear old lady with the message that, as a newly converted JW, I could no longer send her birthday greetings. They should have shot me.

I'll be OK and will explain on another occasion.

Love,

CC

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

We've all done things in the past that seemed right at the time but in retrospect maybe not. We were young an if you remember Brenda lee I'm sorry so sorry that I was such a fool but that don't right the wrong that's been done.

they tell me they say it's a part of being young

Well "we are young set the world on fire" ha ha ha we all made mistakes and didn't set the world on fire however sometimes it's good to play those sad songs and cry a bit because there's nothing more annoying then people who say "It's not that bad" or "cheer up" you just want to say leave me alone. it's true there's plenty to be miserable about and scheduling a little depression with a little bit of plaintive music and a drink is good for the soul.

Tomorrow we'll start over

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

My heart grieves for you CoCo. I too have suffered a loss recently that saddens me greatly. I have had many good things start to happen for me lately, but they feel truly hollow in light of a recent loss of someone that I care about. I feel a gnawing emptiness inside and would love to rectify the situation, but it may be out of my hands. I hope not.

Sending out love and well wishes for everyone hurting on this day, and sincere wishes for healing. I am burning a stick of incense as a healing flame for all of us. May you all get a waft of comfort from it from far away.

zed

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I was thinking about Stacey and Marni. Sister's by adoption to Eileen and Neil. Both died tragically. Stacey in 1982 in a car accident. Marni in 1991 at the age of 26 from Aids transmitted to her via her boyfriend, an intravenous drug user.

I think about Stacey often as she was the catalyst for my search for God. Next month will be 31 years since her death. How can that be? She was only 20 years old when she died. She would have been a great lawyer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit