How Do You Respond When JWs Say There Is MORE Growth Than Ever Before?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Baptisms are actually 100,000 less than their peak, so down by almost 30%.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Another subject matter where JWs have you double-dammed. If you prove growth has stalled or declined they turn it around and say: It's because we're so close to the end. Satan's persecution. ... etc. If there is any growth they say it's because we're so close to the end ...

• jam
    jam

From the lips of a elder. Just look at the wealth of

the Catholic church, the Pope, property and etc.

Me, well we are not doing so bad (the WT), we have

large amount of money and property.

Elder, the difference our wealth is a blessing from Jehovah.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Tell her that growth means nothing, since the Catholic Church has grown to over 1.1 billion members now, up from 670 million in 1970. Catholic numbers have increased about 11% since 2000 (both stats according to Wikipaedia).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sadly, with some folk they buy so deeply into the WBT$ 'mind cleansing'(TM) that no matter what you say you'll only be right if you are seen to support the WBT$.

Where is the evidence for the growth? Growth in what? Paedophiles?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

JWFacts - Interesting graph. I'd love to see one for the early 1970s.

I was baptized in January of 1974 at a circuit assembly with a total attendance of around 1500. There were 119 people baptized at that assembly, and judging from what I saw while standing in line waiting my turn, probably 3/4 of that number were teenagers with frantic parents (that was the case with me). Was that really "growth?"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What do we see? Branches closing, the magazines shrinking in size, quality and frequency, Multi million $ Court Orders to payout, The numbers of publishers reducing in real terms against the population....but the spin is on increase and "God's blessing" . Is it not like Orwell's 1984?

"Big Brother ....persuading you almost to deny the evidence of your senses. In the end The Party would announce that 2 + 2 = 5 and you would have to believe it"

Part one . 7

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

Islam is growing faster the JWs. Does that mean they are having more of Jah's blessing than JWs?

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

20 branches worldwide closing

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-office-consolidation/

In a vibrant growing org this does not happen

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Thanks for the graph jwfacts.
    I wonder what happend in 1998?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit