How Do You Respond When JWs Say There Is MORE Growth Than Ever Before?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did mention that based upon the world's population, the growth of JWs isn't proportionate....and I lost her.

• blondie
    blondie

So who got baptized this year in her circuit, her district, her congregation?

I found many jws confuse that with people moving in from other congregations as increase.

The last congregation we attended had not had anyone baptized that was not a family member of a jw (children mostly) in the last ten years. All that time going d2d and not a single convert. That was the talk the COBOE gave at the service meeting. Of course you have to make "return visits" and try and start a progressive bible study. jws don't want to be tied down to that.

The Mormons and Islam are way ahead of the jws as to new members.

• besty
    besty
    I did mention that based upon the world's population, the growth of JWs isn't proportionate....and I lost her

ye that's a 'concept'

go with 200,000 extra dead babies per day and if the lights don't so much as flicker then try another tack...or leave her be...under the pigs in mud wrestling theory..

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I ask why the numbers aren't reflected every year in the annual report

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

How about, " I could give less than a fuck." Who really cares about these marginalized cult followers? No One!

Anyone with a life could give less than a shit about these people who choose to live in lala land and obcess about the number of people that agree with their mindless, ignorant, doomsday, apocolyptic insane rantings. Maybe if they all wandered into the East River after breakfast it would actually make the evening news. Beyond that, no one cares.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

1. Is this significant as any indicator to the true religion ? No.... Then it ends there.... Yes.... Carry on...

2. so who has the largest growth in religious followers today?...... They will hesitantly say JWs because they know they dont really know...

3. Then show them the statistics for Islam.

4. Once they make an argument with whatever excuse.... Repeat their answer to question one.. They said numbers were significant, why only if applied to JWs? This is a delusional and bias logic. Also inform them that the anglican church alone has 77 million members, an old school, boring, dying out faith.... But ten times the number of JW's.

5. Ask them how many hours of ministry they think it takes to get one new member? Then aske them how many new publishers there are per cong per year? (I dont remember the figures they are on the forum somewhere...sorry... But they were appalling)

6. Ask them if they were a business and the above stats were reported, would you call that successful or inefficient? Does it indicate the support of the creator of the universe or approximate expected growth per hours of ministry of any religion or worldly recruitment campaign/business.

(by the way does anyone know stats for mormons ? Hours per new member etc? ...may be interesting to compare!)

Numbers only matter to JWs until they see the numbers. Then the excuses start. When I was faced with this recently I showed them the growth in Islam, their answer? ...."yeah but thats a fashionable religion to be in at the moment, all that eastern mystical stuff....all the celebrities etc."

I love the person that said this very much, but the ignorance is saddening (ignorance is not an insult, we are all ignorant of many things, but some things really matter and deserve our time, attention and effort.) the delusional desire to defend the JWs at any cost became so evident, they could see it in themselves and got embarassed.

Numbers are good, but you have to be prepared and dont make one error, this is enough to be doubted from then on.

snare x

• Terry
    Terry

New International Version(©1984)
    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The biggest growth is in the number of partakers!

As far as the number of branches, that would be negative growth.

• minimus
    minimus

CRT, I can't say that to my mother.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^Nor should you! She is your mother. Do you ant to help her or just have some self gratification. Its bad advise probably not meant to be taken seriously.

Honestly, the apostate stereotype doesn't help anyone ya'll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit