How Do You Respond When JWs Say There Is MORE Growth Than Ever Before?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hear that comment from my mom that there are more baptisms, more magazines placed, more of everything! (a sign of Jah's blessing).

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

Just ask how wide the 'narrow road' to everlasting life can get?

• minimus
    minimus

They actually are told that there's growth! I see less than ever b4!

• bohm
    bohm

"have you tried wax?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    there are more baptisms, more magazines placed, more of everything! (a sign of Jah's blessing).

There are more JW Kids getting baptized..

More WBT$ magazines are stored in spare bedrooms,garages and attics of JW homes..

Because..Nobody wants that Crap..

More WBT$ Bullshit,JW`s never get tired of repeating..

A sign of..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

They say it because they are so totally brainwashed. On a hot sunny day, if the WT told them it wasn't really sunny and really it was actually about to snow, they'd go round saying " you can feel it, you know, there'll be snow any minute, you can just tell" and they'd go and look out the scarves.

Because they believe what they're told, against all evidence to the contrary.

How do I respond? I don't. I ignore it. If they go on, I say I don't believe it. (I had a very similar thing last week.)

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

You could always ask her: "If growth is a sign of Jehovah's blessing, why is the Mormon faith and Islam both growing at a faster rate than JWs? Does that mean that he's blessing those faiths more than theWTS?"

If she answers no, ask her to explain WHY their (faster) growth isn't a sign of God's blessing in their case, but it is the case of JWs.

R_O

• besty
    besty

mention that over 200,000 net new babies are added every day to global population

that means every month Armageddon doesn't come is an additional 6,600,000 people Jehovah will be destroying

now that's growth....

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Three things that you do not want to see grow.

1. High Control Groups AKA WTBTS

2. Warts

3. ( Please share your ideas as to what you do not want to see grow)

NJY

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well technically....she IS right. 3% in the US right? I mean the numbers are skewed in their favor, but there is growth.

I would agree that you first estabish wether or not growth in and of itself is proof of Gods blessing. Then you can point to Mormons if you like. Someone told me their numbers didn't count because they count the dead they baptize. I do not believe that is actually true as a matter of church policy. Their growth has outpaced JW's.

The Isrealites grew like nobodys buisness when their kings had no favor from God. Is that proof they were on the right track even though they were steeped in false worship of various sorts?

In other words, the concept that growth=blessing is easy to get her to disagree with based on her own definitions. Also, more disfellowshippings, more law suits, more.....MORE!

Things I do not want to see grow?

- eyeballs. Imagine if they didn't stop growing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit