Now that the Storm is over in the Northeast,

by ldrnomo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Still thinking of you all every minute. Most of my staff in NJ still have no power and one emailed a picture of his deck with 6+ inches of snow.

Slightly off topic. Ran into an elder and his wife at Costco last night. Long time "friends," but not close or good "friends," We caught up on things and ended up talking about the Sandy and the situation back east. I mentioned how as a nation, people do band together and give money and help to where it is supposed to go, generally. Even a few $$ times millions of people can make a big difference in a disaster. I talked about the Red Cross and how organized they are for these things. I saw their eyes start to cross and could see the wheels in their head start to turn as they were trying to come up with something negative to say about the Red Cross.

Here it comes...

Wife (with the sour look she's always had, even as a teen): "Well, who knows where the money really goes."

I so wanted to say, "Do you really know where your money goes when you give to the WBTS? Fighting pedophilia cases in court?" Instead I said, well we do actually, it goes for thousands of meals and shelter, and cash, and various items needed in times like this.

**sigh**

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

We are in northern NJ, and we were without power (and thus without heat and running water) for 5 days after the storm. Electricity came back on early last Sunday morning, but we just got internet access back this morning. We still have no landline phone, only our cell phones. We are not nearly as bad off as many, friends elsewhere in town only got power back within the last day or so. The second storm was no issue; we got about 2" of snow from it, which has already melted. Things are slowly getting back to normal, and it wasn't as bad for us as for those in coastal areas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit