Now that the Storm is over in the Northeast,

by ldrnomo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

can we hear from any of you that went through it?

Do you have power yet?

Are you staying with friends?

Did any of you get flooded out or lose your house?

Do you know anyone who went through it?

Has anyone heard about WT facilities in NY? did they get hit hard with the storm or did Jehovah protect them?

• under the radar
    under the radar

We live about 50 miles northwest of Boston. It rained fairly hard and the wind was sure blowing Monday night, but that's about all. A few neighbors lost some tree limbs, but none of the houses in our neighborhood seem to have been damaged. We never lost power or internet. Could have been much worse.

We sure feel bad for the ones who were affected. We made a special contribution to a reputable oufit that helps people in these situations, and encourage all who can to do the same.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

As I watched the TODAY show this morning I was struck that there has been no bad news of looting or panic. I saw people standing quietly in line to get free food at a grocery store (saw that on last nights news). I saw reports and some footage of people sharing what resources they had. I am speaking particularly of Manhattan. I did not hear of any reports of looting or malicious damage. Although I did see a video on You Tube where in the DUMBO area some vandal smashed a bunch of rear windows. Other than that it looks like the people of NYC are getting along under some extremely difficult circumstances.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This is third or fourth-hand, but I heard something about some of the WT buildings in Brooklyn being flooded, facades being damaged and phones down, also Wallkill and Patterson running on generators.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

We live in midtown Manhattan. We neve lost power, but 10 blocks south of us is still out of power. Living in a highrise apartment without power is a horific experience. I wish my neighboors well.

Not much to do but eat and have sex. I predict that their will be a surge of births 9 months from now and the number one name in 2013 is Sandy.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I predict that their will be a surge of births 9 months from now and the number one name in 2013 is Sandy.

LOL! I wouldn't be at all surprised!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NJ is just utter catastrophe. No one has ever seen anything like this. Houses destroyed with moving vans in front.

We still have no power, heat, water, but I am posting from a family member's who is lucky enough to have it all. . .

Total devastation otherwise.

The defining moment is going to be about: GASOLINE

Lines around the few open gas stations are miles long. People driving to PA to get gas.

We're living Mad Max over here.

BOC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Power still out, people going to mall to charge phones..... Seems like they are being nice and letting people use outlets.

There was this guy in the news that got his hoboken house flooded, and his house down the shore too..... Double whack!

• designs
    designs

We have family in Pittsburgh and they said it has been raining hard but all is ok.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A new storm is coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit