Who (not what) is your guilty pleasure? (Controversial favorites)

by Terry 79 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Seriously you guys- your guilty pleasure are hillary clinton, MLK and Micheael Moore and Sinead OConnor and Juliette Binoche- AM I THE ONLY SLEAZEBALL HERE!

I think he is asking for controversial people as guilty pleasures.

• Terry
    Terry

I never appreciated Richard Nixon until I started reading the books he wrote.

The man had an enormous intellect. His grasp of the political implications of history awoke something inside me.

I started going to the history section of the library to trace certain ideas from their origins.

I came to the conclusion today may seem more important than a hundred years ago---but---how Today will affect our life

really comes from the past. Thanks Tricky Dick! I'll add you to my guilty pleasure list.

• agonus
    agonus

Bob Ross.

Who cares if it ain't great art if the voice is that hypnotic?

• talesin
    talesin

Richard Nixon -- me, too, Terry!

Agonus - true, and not only that, he brought a LOT of joy into people's lives. lol, I did 'one' BR painting back in the 80s, and it's hanging on someone's wall to this day.

:P

• agonus
    agonus

I did a Happy Little Painting myself not too long ago :-)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Russell Brand - Brit commedian / actor. I enjoy his shows. He can be controversial, at times deliberate (and will admit to it), at times not. He uses delicious and rare words that I have to look them up in the dictionary to see what they mean. He is a brilliant speaker and I love the way he get's into a verbal flow.

Eddie Izzard - brilliant brit commedian and I had the pleasure of seeing him life. Funny, witty, quick, intelligent.

Heath Ledger - loved him before he became the big hollywood star. He always came across as a very genuine guy, shied away from the spotlight and had a brilliant work ethic. He wanted to act because that is what he truly loved, fame and money was a bi-product.

Helen Zille - leader of the DA political party. This woman has balls the size of coconuts and hard as titanium. She takes the issues to the leading party and doesn't shy away from them. She calls it like it is. She speaks and she acts on what she speaks. She follows through. Loves this country and wants to serve it's people.

Johnny Depp - another great actor that doesn't go out of his way to gain the spotlight. he takes weird rolls because that what appeals to him. He has an odd take on the world.

Anthony Lawrence - a brillant man, late owner of Thula Thula game reserve, author and conservationist. He took a chance on a rouge family of elephants and they came to trust and love him. He reached out to the poor people of the kzn rurals and showed them how they could make a sustainable life for themselves by working together. His death was extremely sad.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Agonus- For many he was like the Mister Rogers for adults.

What? Not great art? Art is great if it is what you like and you think it is great.

As well as giving people confidence to paint, he helped to broaden the publics awareness and appreciation of the arts in general.

Kind of like Julia Child and gourmet cooking.

• perfect1
    perfect1

TAL,

I just want to emphasize the guilty.

• james_woods
    james_woods

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Anthony Bourdain

The Shah of Iran

• tiki
    tiki

Bill Clinton. I don't give a fig about his sexlife....he is probably one of the best political giants ever.

Ted Kennedy - ditto

Hillary Rodham....

for actors Angelina Jolie. I think her social efforts are magnificent.

And i agree with you guys that Bill Maher is awesome. Smart as a tack.

And for humor - Larry David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit