Who or is the parclete in John 14:16,26 15:26 16 7-14

by insearchoftruth4 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Yahya, You have a private message.

• Yahya-Ansar-
    Yahya-Ansar-

Could you please post those verses in Acts and Revelation?

What you say is exactly what everyone else says about their Savior, that it will be visible and will happen of a sudden with no way of determing the authenticity of the Savior. This goes against logic and against the Law of determing God's proof on earth. There has to be a form of knowing, which has been previously laid down by the Prophets and Messengers.

The most important one being calling to God, or the Supremacy of God. For example, if you and I are waiting for Jesus, what good would it be if you or I were to take part in elections? It would go against our beliefs.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Could you please post those verses in Acts and Revelation?

ACTS 1:9-11

Matthew 24:27,30,31

As for Revelations, it's kind of all over there, so...

What you say is exactly what everyone else says about their Savior, that it will be visible and will happen of a sudden with no way of determing the authenticity of the Savior. This goes against logic and against the Law of determing God's proof on earth. There has to be a form of knowing, which has been previously laid down by the Prophets and Messengers.

No one said that it will happen with NO WAY to determine the authenticity of the saviour, quite the contrary it seems.

The most important one being calling to God, or the Supremacy of God. For example, if you and I are waiting for Jesus, what good would it be if you or I were to take part in elections? It would go against our beliefs.

That doesn't make much sense, sorry.

• designs
    designs

John 14- 'the world cannot receive' what a stingy petty thing on the part of this God. Jump through hoops, say the magic words and some answer comes to you from the beyond.

With Science it is made available to everyone.

• parakletos
    parakletos

The Paraclete is another teacher, another person just like Jesus. It's not a Holy Spirit.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wonder if the addition of a second helper did not give them wiggle room for their particular tradition. Rather than referencing sayings that Jesus said in public and the community would know, one could invent whatever pleased the writer. The attribution would be to the Paraclete. The new sayings of Jesus would not be tied to a historical Jesus.

Something similar happens on this forum daily. A few believe that Christ speaks to them in auditory voices. They pick and choose scripture according to whimsy. Jesus' public statements could be recalled by several witnesses. No one could prove the authenticity of Christ told me so. He told me uniquely. I am closer to Christ than any human.

I don't know. Jesus was already dead for quite a while when these books were written. Any charlatan or shill could claim scripture. I wonder if such a reason was behind the decision to actually write and circulate gospels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit