Who or is the parclete in John 14:16,26 15:26 16 7-14

by insearchoftruth4 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Leolaia, I wonder why the thread starter posed a question in the thread title when I seems he knew the answer of he question from the outset?

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Jookbeard, I wonder why too? all the bible reading, all those meetings, all that preaching. When I had questions, best they could say, you can't go past the org. That was it! They can have it, roadblocks and all. I got to keep on traveling, until the next time.......PEACE

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Leolaia:

A little traveling thru some threads led me here. I wanted to say thank you for responding in connection with Muhammed. (a little belated though).

InSearchOfTruth:

Thanks for the additional reference to Acts 7:37 (concerning "The Prophet").

You said, "the first few words are missing. A prophet from your own midst. Why aren't they quoted?"

I'll see if I can come up with anything relevant to what you asked.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Leolaia, I wonder why the thread starter posed a question in the thread title when I seems he knew the answer of he question from the outset?

Exactly. The new poster in the other thread, (the new one today) - in my opinion, is doing this to troll Islamic ideas here on JWN.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Parclete or helper or advocate is the HS, yes, but the HS in UNION with Jesus.

Note How the Parclete s to be our advocate? and who isour advoate with God? Jesus.

This can be taken in two ways:

1) Jesus is the HS

2) Another example of the union of the Trinity, in this case between Son and HS.

• Yahya-Ansar-
    Yahya-Ansar-

As a former student of a JW, I never really understood this. Some said it was the Holy Spirit, others say it was Prophet Mohammed and after searching for answers it was made clear to me who it was.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the correct translation of the word is Ahmed.

People said that Ahmed was another name for Muhammad, which is true.

But another thing to take note of is that the Jews await Elijah, the Christians await Jesus, and the Muslims await a figure known as the Imam Mahdi.

So if the Muslims are waiting for a savior who comes at the end times, as are the Jews and Christians, each believing that it is either Elijah, Jesus, or the Imam Mahdi, this Ahmed cannot be the Prophet Muhammad as others say.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Troll is busted. No troll clock needed.

Let me educate you, Yahya-A. No Jehovah's Witnesses ever thought the paraclete was the prophet Mohammed.

That is alien to JW thinking.

You already knew that, and are here to spread Islamic propaganda which is irrelevant to this forum.

• Yahya-Ansar-
    Yahya-Ansar-

James Woods

Sorry but I did not mean it that way, I was not referring to the JW in regards to them believing it was Prophet Muhammad, rather I was referring to other beliefs I had come across.

Like I said in my previous post, the Comforter in the Bible cannot be Prophet Muhammad, reason being in my previous post.

• Ding
    Ding

I hope you aren't going to tell me it's the faithful and discreet slave organization...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Do not be fooled - this is Islamic proselyte trolling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit