Bryant Memorial Service Report

by seven006 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Dave,

Thanks for attending, for representing all of us and for sharing this with us. I appreciate it.

Thirdson

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dave, thanks for going there and sharing everything with us. It made me feel like i was there. Thanks too, to madapostate for adding other reports.

Conspicious by their absence of input or feelings, are the jw's on this board. Absent as well at the funeral, i'm sure. It shows the hardhearted phariseeism of the jw doctrine, which individual jw's are obliged to follow, on pain of a similar but delayed fate.

SS

• Perry
    Perry

I felt like I was there through your heartfelt post. Thank you very much.

I wish I could say that I was emotional through the reading, and I'm surprised at myself for not being so. Probably it will hit me tomorrow. All I felt was black emptiness and strange sense of defeat.

When I read no one from the fathers family even came to the funeral, waves of anger swept over me.

I hope everyone who is still in the org. will use this experience to face the painful truth that YOUR WITNESS RELATIVES CANNOT LOVE YOU THE WAY NORMAL PEOPLE CAN BECAUSE OF THE WBTS.

Just a few weeks ago I posted a thought to the effect that some person that already has problems most likely will snap in a murderous rage because of WT policies. And now I'm reading about it. I was talking about it being directed against the WBTS. Although this incident was directed inward; IMO it is just a matter of time before someone else snaps and directs it toward those responsible.

I sincerely hope the governing body is following this thread and thinks seriously about the consequences of their murderous and hideous policy of shunning.

UADNA-TX
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

thanks also---i AM STILL depressed over this 4 many reasons and usually am not able to hide it --i am a very sensitive person as well..may we have a monent of silence Each AM with regard to this trajedy --- PEACE ALL!!!! words can not express !!!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Several thank you's are in order.......

Thanks, Dave, for allowing us to view what you saw and felt - obviously, after 3 pages, we all appreciated it, even through our sadness of knowing, it'll probably happen again - as in France last week.

Thanks, MadApostate for the continuing articles showing that we're not the only ones stunned by this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads your research. I love your cow picture, btw - always have.

Quote: No one from Robert Bryant's side of the family was at the service.

"We want to grieve in private. We just need to be here to comfort our family now and deal with this as best as we can."

Bryant did not say whether the family would have a memorial service, Macy said.

Still shunning, or perhaps too shamed by their jw religious actions.

Btw, I ran this story by a jw who works with me, his reaction? "What else could the family (jw shunners) do? The man brought it on himself - he was the one who was disfellowshipped. They were doing the only thing they could do - never talk to him again. It was his own fault."

We had some words that day.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Dave for taking time out to go do a good thing. I can tell by everyone elses comments that it means as much to them as it does to us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit