Bryant Memorial Service Report

by seven006 55 Replies latest jw friends

• sadiejive
    sadiejive
    In fact, as awful as this day was in the life of this community and her family, she feels it offers the potential for a teachable moment.

Let us hope that something has been learned by this tragedy. Maybe some eyes will be opened.

Thanks for sharing, Dave.

Sadie

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Dave,

Please let me add my thanks to those of the others. I was deeply moved. I wanted badly to attend this service, but living in Ohio and having a 10 month old son made the last minute trip impossible. Thank you for taking me there.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Thank you so much for attending the funeral and thank you for letting us borrow your eyes and ears.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Dave, thank you for sharing this. It made me wish I had driven the four hours +, to attend myself. I can't get that family out of my mind.

We learned the truth of it all, after our four children were raised. I wonder what would have happened with all of us, if it had happened earlier? Would we have lost all hope? Would our extended family have treated us like the Bryant's family did? Would we have lost everything?

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My heart aches from the pain this family endured. Thank you so much for going to their funeral, I dare say that words could not express the feelings you had upon entering a church, as we have all been programed to believe that these are demon possessed. I still feel a deep heaviness in my heart and a lump in my stomach. Because I live in Canada I was not able to be there, but my thoughts were.
    It is wonderful to see that people attending from this small town gave there love and support to total strangers. Who says that people of other walks of life and different religions cannot share a bond of love and caring. They showed up the Jehovah's Witnesses as being callus and without regard for this beautiful family. What a pity. How on earth could they be so heartless.
    Dave you expressed your feelings so eloquantly that I will hear them in my mind and heart for a long time. Bless you,
    May God above not forget the good things that this family did. Only He know what caused this tragedy.
    Please except my arms around you as I give you a big hug and a thankyou for your courage in going to support this family..during their hour on need.
    Bless you Dave.

• metatron
    metatron

Thank you, Dave, for that wonderful report.

Maybe a few minds and hearts will open to compassion
    and the real spirit of Christ.

metatron

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Thanks Dave,
    No one could have told it better.
    This is such a sad tragedy.

Sunny (having tears for breakfast)

• TR
    TR

Thanks Dave. Your presence at the funeral is much appreciated.

TR

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dave,As I sit here & read your comments. I too, want to say thanks you so much((((hug)))If only he could have known- there IS life after the Watchtower. My dear, dear brother,it was so sweet of you to share the experience -I too live in Canada- so could not attend.
    I pray the conscious of all in the family who shunned him, the elders that put sentence on him,will not leave them until they pray for forgiveness. When will it end- this vicious hate -that is ingrained in their minds.
    God Bless Dave I truly love you.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit