Bryant Memorial Service Report

by seven006 55 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    Yes, these are the same people we were taught as JW's that were wicked, evil and would soon be destroyed by Jehovah god. These were the people we were taught that did not know the meaning of true love and only were out to satisfy their own selfish desires. These people had nothing to gain by coming to this memorial. They had no one specific religious philosophy to try and sell nor were they there to judge or point fingers. They were there simply to show genuine love for people who once lived in their small town. This little community of McMinnville Oregon showed more love for their neighbor than I have seen shown by all the hundreds of JW's that I had met in my life. I did not hear one accusation or one single comment that sounded condescending or self righteous. All I heard was words of comfort and questions about why this all happened.

Dave,

What you said brought tears to my eyes. We as a gorup could not have been represented by anyone better. Thank you form the bottom of my heart.

Hugs,
    Amanda

• JT
    JT

Dave ck your email- i need to touchbase with you

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

dave, i also want to say thanks to you for attending the service (and representing us all) and sharing with us your experience. (((((((dave))))))

love
    harmony

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Dave... may you have peace.

I, too, wish to thank you... for being there when I couldn't (even if I could have made the trip, I don't think I could have withstood seeing the photos - thank you for doing that for us)... and for helping me know that the Spirit of my Lord always speaks truth. The Robert that Sharon described is the Robert I knew. And the events of Robert's experience with the WTBTS... is what I was aware of.

In my very last conversation with Robert, he told me that he was going back... that what 'we' were doing was wrong and 'we' should 'wait on Jehovah'. I told him that he knew better, that they were NOT 'with Jehovah'... but that I understood his decision. He told me, "You can't fight them, Shelby; you won't win." I told him that I had no intention of fighting anyone... but would not deny who I was or what I knew... for them or anyone else. Robert asked me not to call him anymore (he had called me), asked not in a 'bad' way, but almost pleadingly. I agreed, of course. That was the gist of our last conversation, in late 1997.

I know who is ultimately responsible... and one day I will tell him so to his face. And no, I wish the man no ill-will, none whatsoever. But he WILL know his role in this. Without a doubt.

Damn, this hurts.

Peace, if you can possibly have some at a time like this.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thank you Dave.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• LDH
    LDH

Is it just me or is anyone else sick to their stomach? As usual, the children pay the price.

Thanks Dave--you are a good man.

Lisa

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((((((( Dave )))))))))))))) thanks sweetie for giving a voice to the children.

No, the flowers you described were not mine. Mine were supposed to be gladiolis and they said 'From***' actually my name. (My 'coming out'!!) I'm glad there were so many!!!

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Dave,

Thank you for going and telling us about it-you are a good man.

Tina

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

Dave,
    Thank you for the fine report. A lot of what you said about attending the service in the church really hit home. A close friend (non-Dub)of mine committed suicide a few years ago and I attended his service in a Lutheran church with my then hard-core Dub wife. I expected demons to be flying around everywhere...instead I saw a comfortable atmosphere and setting with no excessive religious icons and heard a a very nice service. My wife even commented that it was an exceptional service...which was a lot coming from her. Thanks again for the report.
    HH

• seven006
    seven006

I'm finally awake after a few hours of sleep. You guys are great, thanks for all the reply's. At this time I would like to make a suggestion. I am going to start another thread for those who want to send their thoughts and condolences to Sharon Roe.

Sharon like her sister Janet was also raised a JW. She left the religion three years ago just about the same time as Robert and Janet. Her husband is not a JW but did attend the occasional meeting. Sharon is still of the Christian persuasion and is feeling a bit isolated after leaving the religion. I do not think she has visited any websites like this one or knows very many exJWs.

I thought it might be nice for those who would like to say something to her to do so in a thread and I will print them out and mail them to her. I think right now she needs to know that there are many exJW's who care about her. She already knows the feelings of the JW's about all of this. I get the feeling she is in quite a state of shock and possibly a bit depressed.

I think some encouraging words coming from exJW's from around the world might lift her spirits.
    She told Jeb that she is ready to meet some apostates now and I couldn't think of a better bunch of evil apostates to help her do that.

Please go to the thread titled Post a message to Sharon Roe (Janet Bryant's sister)

Take care

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit