Your explanation for a total contradiction in the New World Translation.

by Johnny Brown 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    If we haven’t learned anything from the O.T. which is the purpose of it, then humanity will never learn the true nature of Christ words in the N.T. - When in Doubt

From the OT we learn that god is a capricious monster who approves of slavery, rape and infanticide. This is the god of Jesus.

• Johnny Brown
    Johnny Brown
    Whoever puts faith in me, just as the scripture has said: ‘From deep within him streams of living water will flow.’”+ 39  However, he said this concerning the spirit, which those who put faith in him were about to receive; for as yet there was no spirit,+ because Jesus had not yet been glorified.
  • cofty
    cofty

Preaching isn't the same thing as holding a conversation Johnny.

I used to be a christian. After I left the cult I was passionate about my faith in Jesus for 9 years. I am very happy to discuss with you the Christology of the Watchtower and of the early church but only if you agree to interact like a real person.

• Zordino
    Zordino
    Marking
  • Johnny Brown
    Johnny Brown

Apples werent mentioned in that post either but that does not mean they don't exist. ;)

Whoever puts faith in me, just as the scripture has said: ‘From deep within him streams of living water will flow.’”+ 39  However, he said this concerning the spirit, which those who put faith in him were about to receive; for as yet there was no spirit,+ because Jesus had not yet been glorified.

• Johnny Brown
    Johnny Brown

Apples werent mentioned in that post either but that does not mean they don't exist. ;)

• Johnny Brown
    Johnny Brown
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun
    Johnny, I think it is too soon for you to go off your meds.
  • jhine
    jhine

O.K. Cofty , last night I realised two things . No 1 rice burns quickly when you take your eye off it .

No 2 no I cannot put an explanation of the Trinity into my own words , I do keep coming back to ,as you say , official formulae . 

Does that mean that I do not have an understanding of it in my own way , no . I cannot explain how electricity works to explain it to someone else without refering to some kind of manual . That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that I cannot refer to it in conversation . 

In doing some reading last night , hence the bunt rice , I was reminded of some things that may be of interest to any lurkers here . The first mention of Trinity that we have recorded is in the writing of Theopholus of Antioch in 180 AD , long before the Watchtower says the term was coined . He uses it in a way that suggests ,at least , that his readers were already familiar with it .

I presume , Cofty that you are very familiar with the writings of the Early Church Fathers . So please allow me that little shoe in to do something that we can both agree on , that is to show the innacuracy of Watchtower teachings . 

As to your comments about God , I'm sorry but to put all this into my own words would take far too long , there are many articles and books about this explaining that again bad translation and a poor understanding of the times and modes of speach are responsible for many misunderstandings . 

I know that I have failed miserably in your eyes , I can only be honest and appologise 

Jan 

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Cofty"The trinity is exactly like the Watchtower's ‘overlapping generation’ doctrine.  It makes no sense, everybody knows it makes no sense and nobody can explain it without parroting the official formula."

I like your analogy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit