My introduction/experience

by happy@last 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• sizemik
    sizemik

welcome happy@last . . .

I can identify somewhat. It was the appalling behaviour of some of my brothers that woke me up too. It was an extremely weighty load to carry at the time, and I lost my mental health as well. Nicely written letter . . . fair and balanced, and yet still a very condemnatory account.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, Happy@Last!

So much damage has been done by that cult. So many wounds and wasted years. I'm glad you found the courage to leave. Your letter is beautifully written.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. You'll find that most here are likeminded.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I'm truly overwhelmed at everyone's responses, thank you for the warm welcome.

Jam - mentally i am good today, thank you for asking. Over the years I have seen psychologists and sought other professional help, some days are better than others, however having genuine friends instead of phony so called christian ones makes a huge difference

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Good to have you here, happy@last!

• tiki
    tiki

i get heartsick when i read some of these posts...i had bad experiences, but nowhere near like this sort of thing...it is abominable that an organization goes to such lengths to save face and leaves innocent victims in the lurch. loving shepherds....NOT

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I always look at "motives"... the motivation to change a sick policy was not because of love but because of pressure from the surroundings and the pressure on religious organisations to open up their books. The "funny" thing is that they still look at the letter of the law: if in some state or country it is not FORCED to go to authorities they simply do not encourage it and keep the pressure up to keep up a "good name".

How can a organisation or a person for that matter live with these facts and not be moved to do something that other organisations don't? That is because they are part of the same corrupt world that they are kicking against...

to happy(at)last: keep the faith my friend. what you experience(d) is satanic... know that God and Christ know it and will support you with their Spirit... no man or power on earth can take THAT away from you. Man may disappoint you all day, every day... but they can't. I am proud of you that you told your story... it strengthens me really!

• happy@last
    happy@last

DeWandelaar: "keep the faith my friend. what you experience(d) is satanic... know that God and Christ know it and will support you with their Spirit... no man or power on earth can take THAT away from you. Man may disappoint you all day, every day... but they can't."

I agree with you on the 'policy' aspect, but not on the above. I cannot see how any God could see so much suffering and not act on it, why is he/she not supporting everyone with the spirit when it is pretty clear to everyone for many years that the world is a bad place.

I am a parent of 2 children, and if I saw either suffer I would not allow it a second longer than necessary, because I love them. If I see someone injured in the street I have never met before I would go to their aid, if I see a bird with a broken wing I would help it, if I am made in God's image then why doesn't he/she do the same? A god of love? Really? I see no evidence of that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ah, Happy at Last ! The Problem of Evil ! many Philosophers of old, and even now, struggled with that one !

I posed it to an Elder recently, he ran off (literally!) saying "There is no answer", he didn't want to hear what I had to say on the matter.

I wish you well as you face these questions properly, perhaps for the first time. Remember we are here to bounce ideas off etc you do not struggle alone from now on.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm thinking that you're from the UK. If you want to meet ex-jws in real life, there are many on JWN. You may want to contact them to see how close they are to you. Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/33260

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/39564

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/48014

I know there are many more, but I don't have time to stop and think of who they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit