My introduction/experience

by happy@last 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You wrote:

Not long after I started to have concerns about JWs, expecially as the message of 'following the bibles message' subtly changed to 'follow the FDS', this did not sit well with me.

Although the emphasis on the FDS may seem to be a recent development, it isn't really.

In reality, the WT religion has always been about the organization's teachings rather than the Bible itself.

In the September 15, 1910 Watchtower, Russell wrote that his Studies in the Scriptures "are not merely comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself... Furthermore, not only do we see that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see also that if anyone lays the Studies in the Scriptures aside... and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our epxerience shows that after two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the Scripture Studies with their references and had not read a single page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years, because he would have the light of the scriptures."

The February 1, 1952 Watchtower said, "Now some may ask, Should we accept as from the Lord and true the food provided through the discreet slave, or should we withhold acceptance until we have proved it for ourselves?... After being nourished to our present strength and maturity, do we suddenly become smarter than our former provider and forsake the enlightening guidance of the organization that mothered us?" "Forsake not the law of thy mother. (Prov. 6:20-23)."

The October 1, 1967 Watchtower said, "... the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they believe that they can interpret the Bible."

In the August 15, 1981 edition, the Watchtower made the following strange admission: "[Some] say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such `Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..."

It seems to me that these quotes spanning more than 70 years show that in the WT religion:

Bible alone = darkness

WT literature = light

(WT literature is therefore considered superior to the Bible itself)

Trying to check out the organization's teachings by your own Bible study = rebellion against Jehovah

Meekly and unquestioningly accepting whatever the slave says the Bible means = Jehovah's will

(The command, "Make sure of all things" must STOP on the day you are baptized as a JW because then you have irrevocably committed yourself to having "made sure" that the organization speaks for God. The command to "make sure of all things" applies to every religion EXCEPT what the "faithful and discreet slave" teaches; that must be automatically accepted rather than tested by what the Bible actually says because individuals are incapable of accurately interpreting and understanding God's Word.)

• tresdecu
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

[email protected] to the board. It's very theraputic to be a part of this community. We are all related in the faith, so to speak ;-) Many current and former elders here who feel the same as you.

Thanks for posting your experience.

TD

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. What a painful story. I'm so sorry that the WTBS didn't protect your family as it should and also that further injustice has occurred. I agree with you that it doesn't equate with love at all. I believe that the creator must be so disgusted by their policies and procedures. But you're out now and here with us, and that's good. You will find support and encouragement alongside research and information which will help to heal your pain and help you. I look forward to your posts in future.

Loz x

• jam
    jam

Welcome Happy@last, what a story. How are you mentally

today?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome. It is a hard pill to swallow - but once done, the best possible choice is to leave and start healing.

Jeff

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for sharing your touching experience. You worded your letter to the elders very well. May you continue on your brave course.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Hi H@L,

First of all welcome! Thanks for sharing your story, your reasons for resigning are sound. I quit going cold turkey right after I stepped down as an MS, and it has really helped in many ways including not have to keep selling their dogma from the platform. Sometimes I find that spending too much time on this forum has the effect of keeping old wounds open, so I try to somewhat limit the time I spend on here, but still keep up on latest developments.

Well congratulations on getting their milestone off of your neck! Now you have time to develop some hobbies and skills and do something positive. Let the healing begin.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Big Welcome to you Happy@ Last. Thanks for sharing your story. Your letter to the elders was very well written. There is something satisfying about standing up for our personal integrity and not allowing our conscience to be seared by the WT. rules and regulations. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Leslie

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome, thanks for sharing your experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit