The Greatest Show On Earth - A Book Summary In Many Parts

by cofty 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

cofty, thank you for guiding my thoughts on this.

"progress in the area of life from non-living chemicals. ":

the research I have read about involves very sophisticated setups, done by the best minds in the field. There is of course a super-abundance of near-life chemicals on earth already, if you care to jump-start the experiments.

Lets assume that Life will ignite in one of these latter-day alchemy experiments*. what would that prove? It would prove, to me, with high probability the existence of a creator, since it took the best minds with well designed equipment that is planned knowing the laws of nature to do it. Life creation has never been observed to happen by chance in the rich broth of organic detrius that we live in.

so, while evolution teachings provide compelling evidence of lifes' forms and successes, The BIG SHOW question goes before and beyond that.

" Science cant prove----" The big efforts, big energies (CERN), great intellect that is needed to re-create, probe the existing universe, discover its laws, recreate life, is evidence per se of the existence of a master worker, creator, intellect, is it not? me,

Having been involved (with carefully sequestered mind) in the bible-fable enterprise, what superior religious experience is there, based on reality and the awe that people like Einstein experienced? is that religion?

blessings. * element- creation was finally realized in our day, so there is hope for artificial neo-live too?

• LV101
    LV101

Cofty --- thanks for the Christmas list. Off to Amazon I go.

LV101

• cofty
    cofty

Prologos - The progress in the field of abiogenesis is far more compelling than the hypothesis you may have heard about organic soup.

What if somebody could show conditions that occurred naturally in these conditions through simple, even inevitable chemical reactions - bucket chemistry? No sophisticated set-ups required?

That is what is being proposed. You will be amazed.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I know this has been posted many time before, but this helped me to understand some of the work being undertaken to understand abiogenesis. It is also has a fantatsic soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QYDdgP9eg

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks cantleave that's an excellent video.

• excitesinceredetermination
  • KateWild
    KateWild

The point is there are a range of clocks available to cover all of evolutionary time and that they can be used to confirm and correct each other.

If Dawkins is coming to this conclusion... he is confusing me. Once Lead is Lead, it can be lead for millions of years. How can lead be a clock cofty?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Here you go Kate...

An excellent article that will answer that in a very straightforward way...

• KateWild
    KateWild

I thought you want God kept out the lab....this is a Christian perspective. How about a Chemical analysts perspective on it.

• cofty
    cofty

It's a scientific explanation from a man who also happens to be a christian.

Sorry Kate, I am bored with this game. bye for now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit