what are the JW rules once baptised??

by Kate82 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kate82
    Kate82

Hi y'all

On my other post 'thinking of becoming a JW' people mentioned that once i was baptised i would be told / given rules of what i can / cant do, things like: how i act, dress, how i can have sex with my husband?? What i can and cant eat ( according to some research ive done)

I would be really interested to hear as many of these rules now - as i think its too late after one is baptised.

I would be grateful of as many as possible about anything any topic even thouse i havent mentioned.

Thanks x

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Most important RULE! Never disagree openly with the watchtower. If so, you will be turned in to the elders. And if you do not repent, they will set you up with a JC and DF you.

Love Healthworker

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This could be the longest thread ever.

First off I'll start by saying a rule would be you would have to get off this website and never come back. It is apostate after all.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Fast forward a few years.

You are married and have a child. The child has an accident and needs a blood transfusion. You will be expected to refuse that transfusion even though it costs your child's life.

Fancy living with that on your conscience for rest of your life? Thought not!

By the way, your JW friends will console you with the idea that your dead child will of course get a resurrection.

George

• mrsjones5
  • Heaven
    Heaven

No birthday celebrations except for the actual day of birth.

Pretty much no holiday celebrations including Valentine's Day, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Hallowe'en, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, etc.

As a woman, you must wear a modest skirt or dress to the Kingdom Hall and out in Field Serve-Us.

No pre-marital, anal, or oral sex. No polygamy. No beastiality. No adultery.

As a wife, you must subjugate yourself to your husband. For me this one is particularly puke-worthy (along with their no blood policy).

You MUST go out in Field Serve-Us (Service), aka 'the door-to-door ministry' and you MUST report your time.

• cofty
    cofty

Even worse than all the petty rules to control your actions is the way they seek to control your thoughts.

Freedom of thought is your most precious gift, if you become a JW they will take it from you.

• carla
    carla

It's pretty easy, first and foremost do whatever the wt tells you no matter if you agree or not. Things you cannot do- celebrate any holidays, have family traditions other than kh days, games that are only wt approved (chess is out for example), books only approved by the wt, movies- nothing above pg13 and some pg13 are out, they will let you know when your hair, make-up, shoes & dress is too provocative (meaning some elders wife thinks you are too hot or some guy is turned on by your 'toe cleavage', panty lines or your bra does not sufficiently hide things) what kind of sex you may have with your husband, etc...etc..etc... and lastly you must be willing to commit suicide by not taking blood or allow your child or other loved one to die due to lack of blood. Are you willing to give your life and soul over to a few men in NY? tired of thinking for yourself? then the wt is for you!

Do you find family and friend relationships difficult? aren't there times you would like to toss them out with the garbage? Well! the wt can arrange that for you! simply adhere to their doctrines and you can shun everyone who does not think as you do without feeling guilty! they consider shunning 'love'! If you have a general feeling of superiority over the human race then you will fit in just fine with jw's. Join today! err, after 6 months of studying their man made doctrines that is.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

One of the major problems once baptised is there are zillions of unwritten rules many of which are local and they vary from congregation to congregation and can also depend on whether you have an uber dominant personality elder running that hall. Some of these unwritten rules are only conveyed by disaproving looks or not being invited to a gathering and sometimes just by your face fitting or not fitting. You will need to learn them all.

If you have not already observed the cliques in your hall start looking now. They exist in every hall and you really need to be in a high ranking one to be fully included.

Also, no matter how much you do you will always be made to feel that if you tried a little bit harder or organised yourself a little bit better you could do more and if you don't do more you may not have done enough to be saved and then you will only have yourself to blame.

Same goes for your monetary contributions to "Jehovah's work". Did you give out of your excess or your want but always remember Jehovah loves a cheerful giver and never forget about the poor widow's mite! No-one will tell you that you have not donated enough, they will let you feed your own guilt with self doubt and feelings of inadequacy.

They are masters at making you conform to their group think and don't dare say if you think any differently or you will be "marked" and not necessarily officially but just by the way you are pushed to the outside and made to feel not quite as good as everyone else.

Surely by reading this forum you must know you are in for a rough ride and lots of misery. Jehovah's Witnesses are not happy people and you won't find that out till after you are baptised either. It is all fake!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Well, dear, as one district overseer said in his talk at a circuit assembly, if they ask you to jump, you say "how high?" This was followed by a huge round of applause. No aspect of your life is off limits because they are "God's sole channel of communication." Got it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit