what are the JW rules once baptised??

by Kate82 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

You shalt not have any FUN whatso ever

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh my! They invited you to their house and you feel the panic. If you become a JW, you will feel that panic and more in order to comply with the rules and expectations. You are feeling the pressure to comply, now? Just wait. It will be 10-fold once you are a JW.

If you tell them that you are not interested, they will put some pressure on you. But, if you use the magic words "Do not call on my house ever again to speak of religion. I am not interested in your religion." THey will likely let up. The touchstone with them is that, by calling on you, they are getting brownie points in the Kingdom Hall and before their peers. It's very hard these days to get newly intested converts, and they are under pressure to get you. You are simply a target for their social gain. They are likely not interested in you as a person. With JWs, their relationship with you is purely conditional. Very few will start a truly open relationshp with a worldly person.

My JW sibling (who is much older) has a non-JW friend of many years (same gender, no not gay). They are both in the travel industry and single. They get free tickets & very reduced hotels to fantastic destinations. They go on trips together, but my JW sibling doesn't DARE tell any other JWS that the trip is with a non-JW! JWs are not supposed to really socialize like that with non-JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit