what are the JW rules once baptised??

by Kate82 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• man oh man
    man oh man

How is this for a rule? Once you are baptised there is no getting out of it. No honorable way any hows.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"I would be really interested to hear as many of these rules now - as i think its too late after one is baptised."

Iit's never too late. You can leave the organization at any time.

When you have your six-month home Bible Study, you can ask about these rules.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One more thing, Kate.

They change the rules on a regular basis. It's their way or the highway.

• Kate82
    Kate82

Hiya

I am still reading everything and cant believe what ive got myself into.

I am ashamed to say i have let them talk me into a "meeting". Again i was silly enough to open the door and surprise surprise it was my 'friendly jws'.

They said they could talk to me there and then but i panicked and said my house was rather untidy at the moment and i be embarressed by the mess. They took that rather well, but then they said i should go to there house (tonight) for a "chat" i didnt want to offend so i found myself agreeing.

I now am panicing (sp??) As i dont know what to expect. Please help me.

And please dont give up on me x

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It can all be summed up by one instruction: do not, ever, think.

That's it. Enjoy your time thinking now, because it would be the last you'd get.

Kate, seriously, do NOT go. Ring them. Say you have changed your mind. Say, carefully " please do not contact me again". If they do, write a letter to your friendly pair or to the Secretary of the congregation at the KH, saying " I have decided to end my contact with Jehovah's Witnesses." They will stop contacting you, because they know that if they did after that letter they would be liable for harassment, and they are terrified of being found out.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kate. I'm sorry for your pradicament. You sound like a really nice person that doesn't want to make waves or hurt anyone.

But............you've got to stand up for what YOU believe. Courage is when you are afraid to do something but do it anyway. You need to to tell them you are no longer interested and don't wish to discuss it. Don't let the 'love bombing' cause you to follow along with the JWs. Once they got you the 'love bombing' will stop and you will be abandoned.

There are many many rules in the WBT$ written and unwritten but the main on is 'Shut up and put up.........or else!!!'

I think it's time to nip this in the bud before your life is made a further hell.

Just think about it sweetie. Regards Paul.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Kate , what Chariklo is saying, if you want to PM someone on here the details of the people that have been contacting you from whatever country you are from so a request can be made to them that they immediately stop calling on you and to never call again under no circumstances I'm sure this can be arranged, I somehow doubt you will though.

• Kate82
    Kate82

So what can i expect. Just being love bomed or would they ask me about myself, my life etc.

Would they be pressuring me into "becoming one of the family".

Or would it be an intese bible study???

Please remember this would only be my first "meeting" as before i have just taken the literature they have offered, not really entered into conversation with them.

Would they not ease me in gently??

Punkofnice - have pm'd u x

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

WTWizard, I was hounded like that even as an unbaptised publisher.

In fact, it was that which made me wake up. It was that very thing.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It isn't just universal JW rules you will have to worry about. You'll find that individual elders may have their own personal rules that they expect the flock to follow. They love to use the phrase 'stumbling others' to justify trying to enforce rules that don't really have any scriptural backing. They will often not tell you outright not to do something, but instead will guilt you into deciding on your own to not do it, simply because they personally don't agree with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit