SHUNNING- Oregonian Article-HUGE!

by messenger 104 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

METATRON

You are like the rest of the gang tonight

you guys are on a serious roll.

friday is our light day at work and for some reason these nonjw folks are just amazed at the lives of jw

one person told me this PM that wed night they stop by the hospital to see a family member - well the jw in the family was there with sometracts to give to the lady sick -

so he decided to try some of the stuff that he has been reading and we have been talking about on his jw relative-

he LIT INTO THEM LIKE A HOT KNIFE ON BUTTER as he put it

i just love this NET "THANG"

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I too thought it was a fair and balanced article, dependent on what Wendy was told by JW elders. However, I thought it necessary to email her and let her know of some the inaccuracies in the elders words. Below is a copy of my email to Wendy;

Hi Wendy, I read your article today with interest. I particularly noted some comments from JW elders that are not quite factual.

When it was stated that some are disfellowshipped to protect the congregation from harm by conduct or beliefs that contradict the Bible, it should be noted that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has written and published their own version of the Bible, the New World Translation and deviance form the Watchtowers interpretation of it is strictly disallowed.

The extreme shunning also goes for those who just decide to leave the religion, as I did through disassociation. While they claim that one can still do business with one who is disfellowshipped or disassociated, privately, it is strongly discouraged. Evidence of this would be Mr. Bryants loss of his business in California.

The comment about being disfellowshipped for molestation would be true, provided there were two witnesses to the act. Currently, there are lawsuits pending against the Watchtower Society for some having been molested and absolutely nothing was done, due to their strict interpretation of 1 Timothy 5:19, 24, 25 and as stated on pages 109 and 118 of their elders manual, "Pay Attention To Yourselves and to The Flock." This book is not open to public viewing and only elders are permitted to see it. But, some antiJW sites have published it on the web in the last few years.

Not all elders try to avoid disfellowshipping, either. Some, as in my case, attempted to railroad me into a Judicial Hearing due to my expelling two elders from my house, citing Colossians 3:8 and 1 Corinthians 6:10, claiming I was "prone to wrath." This after almost 5 years of inactivity with the religion. Some elders are very power hungry and use their positions to "lord it over others." I wrote letter to the Watchtower Society about the conduct of the particular elder within my home, but absolutely nothing was done about it. I know this because no one from my household was ever approached and talked to about it.

Currently, my JW wife and I are very estranged, partly due to the religion. Her children have said they were told by elders that I am no longer considered the head of my house. Of course, no one will admit to having said that. Her JW friends still comer by the house to visit her and her kids, but will totally shun me, not even saying a cordial greeting. But, none have a problem partaking of what I supply in the house, food, drink, cable TV, etc. In the last couple days, I have had my fill of it and have posted a notice on my door for none of them to come in or come over again, further straining my wife and I. She has said that I should not object to be slighted in my own house as I asked for it and knew what would happen when I disassociated myself.

Everything in the Jehovah's Witness world is centered around Meeting Attendance, Going out in the Door to Door Preaching work and studying the Watchtower literature. Studying other literature is strongly discouraged, as is attending "R" rated movies and even some "G" rated movies that may contain scenes or messages they find inappropriate, such as Disney's Fantasia. (magic is the culprit for that one.)

I found within the congregations there was a lot of spying on each other looking for wrong doing and even some cases of it being made up. Personal vendettas are often settled in a Judicial Hearing if an elder has it in for another member and most often, a disfellowshipping occurs.

Thank you for reading this and for printing the article. I appreciate that you sought out both sides and presented a fair report based on what you discovered. I just feel that the elders you spoke to may not have been totally honest with you. Or, as explained in their "Insight On The Scriptures" book, volume 2, page 244, "Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth......." If it furthers their cause and deflects bad light away from them, they have no problem with half truths and such.

sic DakotaRed
    If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?
  • Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh and as far as disturbing the peace of the congregation, well they need to be shaken out of their apathy. Those poor people have been deluded and brain washed for so long they don't know which end is up. Imagine letting your loved one die because some man tells you its wrong to take an infusion of blood.

• JT
    JT

fRIDAY YOU ARE THE MAN thank you -thank you - thank you

*******I stand firmly behind the WTS policy of disfellowshipping any member who is determined to disturb the peace of the Congregation by insisting they have the right to voice their conflicting beliefs amongst other members in an attempt to draw those members away from the faith

#########

this stuff is so good- you see when NONJW read stuff like this

that a man has "NO RIGHT" TO TELL OTHER FOLKS THAT ONE OF THE DOGMAS IN THE CHRUCH is wrong-- well that says it all

to actually belong to a religion that if error is pointed out then that person must be silence-

just think if someone in the catholic church was DFed for revealing that thier policy of how they deal with child molesters is wrong and then the church excommunicates them for speaking out and telling others about the WRONG POLICY-

yet as you have posted Friday for all to see- a person doesn't have the RIGHT to tell others when one of thier policies or dogmas are wrong- without being silenced

I love it-
    just think friday

i really see why the society tells you guys not to engage in forums like this -- your post and comment show just how goofy your belief system is

KEEP POSTING MY MAN the stuff you say we could never make up stuff this good

I LOVE IT

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Kudos to Wendy Lawton. Not 10 minutes after I emailed her, she emailed me back, thanking me for the letter and stating she has received a lot of mail on this issue. Or, as she stated, "it seems to have struck a cord with many people."

I pray the issue receives much public notice and people learn that their practice isn't as "loving" as they make it out to be.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• patio34
    patio34

I did not think it was an accurate article. One of the things i took issue with was

devoted to attacking Jehovah's Witnesses

referring to websites. A more accurate fair description would be "a website where JWs and xJWs have free speech."

In addition, the line about you have to be a sinner to be df'd is incomplete and therefore misleading and untrue. What is the infamous line i hear that the elders (thought police) ask an inactive one?

Do you believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's true organization?
    or something to that effect. And if you answer 'no'? Then you are disassociated--same as DF or worse.

And as someone already pointed out, it is in no way comparable to the Catholics.

It seems to me these points detract from the article and weigh it in favor of spin in the JW direction.

Pat
    UADNA-CA(Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-California)

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

mindfield

Mimic, jeer, heckle. Are those the things you only know to do.

Here’s a little out of the book that you hate. See if you can find a replica of yourself therein. (Hint: You’re not the “we” or the “Jews”, mentioned. Nor are you the one whom the book is named after.)

1 Now it came about that, as soon as Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he became angry and highly offended, and he kept deriding the Jews. 2 And he began to say: “What are the feeble Jews doing? Will they depend upon themselves? Will they sacrifice? Will they finish up in a day? Will they bring the stones to life out of the heaps of dusty rubbish when they are burned?”3 Now Tobiah was alongside him, and he went on to say: “Even what they are building, if a fox went up against it, he would certainly break down their wall of stones.” -- Nehemiah 4:1-3
  • Tallyman
    Tallyman
    Hey! They quoted me! They're definitely reading this site!

Fark,

They ARE paying attention.

I wrote Wendy Lawton a quick note today, too:

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:39:49 -0500
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: jWs are a Death & Destruction cult

* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/WT_Evil.html

Is it any wonder that events like the Bryant tragedy happen
    when members of the Watchtower are fed a steady diet of the above?

And then to have UNSTABLE jehovahs Witnesses soak in this Twisted Thinking...
    well, there are MANY Explosive situations out there ready to 'go off'...

The Watchtower Society is a DANGEROUS and DESTRUCTIVE CULT.
    That is what you should get across to your readers, if anything.

I was a jehovah's Witness for 20 years. I know the score.

Tallyman

And she promptly wrote a short note back:

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:57:54 -0800
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: jWs are a Death & Destruction cult

Thanks for writing.
    I've received a lot of mail on this;
    The story seems to have struck a nerve.

Wendy

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now, maybe in her next text article on the jWs,
    she'll include a few examples of Watchtower "Art"...

TT

• mindfield
    mindfield

Yadirf,

Troll, invent stuff, take things out of context, etc. Are those the only things you know how to do?

Here’s a little out of the book that you hate.
    Uh, okay. I have no idea where you got that idea... guess I'll leave it up to you to make up my beliefs!
  • mindfield
    mindfield

And while I'm thinking about it, Yadirf, you're one of the few guys I actually use my annoying tactics on. Seeing you really have a talent for making stuff up on the spur of the moment, I feel obliged to give you a bit of the treatment you're offering us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit