Returning to school at age 45

by irondork 24 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

Not the university, mind you... just taking some classes so I can spend the last 20 years of my secular life doing something other than golf course irrigation. A fellow at the golf course has talked me in to getting my real estate license.

So, off to school I go. I think I still have my old Flintstones lunch box packed away somewhere.

Just one thing. I have this nagging feeling that by going back to school, it's like... smoking... or commiting fornication. I have this underlying dread that even though I am not a young person, I may never live long enough to fulfill any career this system has to offer. I just feel that maybe this system of things will be well on the way toward it's finish, if not actually gone!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Cool! Thought about getting a realtor's license myself. Good luck!

Going back to school isn't half as difficult as you think it will be.

• cedars
    cedars

Good for you irondork, let us know how it goes!!

I'm sure you'll get over the initial anxiety and enjoy yourself.

Cedars

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

Good luck.

• dm6
    dm6

hey i like the flintstones.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you irondork!

I started full time study this year. It's a great feeling of accomplishment doing something good for yourself.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I did that at 41 when I was offered a position in a loan brokerage. I took the quick classes and crambed 2+ hours a night in 90 days. Got the license. It did feel weird at some of the classes as I would get called "Sir" alot. A little akward but u get into the groove soon enough.

My wife is in her 30's and still takes a course r two every year

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Congrat Irondork!

You will feel 25 years old againg, for sure!

Also, some healthtips: Loose some weight, train 3-4 times a week 20-30 minutes (slow start - not to hurt your body), 2-3 spoons olive oil each day, 2-3 cups rooibos tea each evening and you will be popular among the girls again!

Love Healthworker

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and if that doesn't pep u up, try a tabasco colonic

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

you can also pep u up with some honey and garlic, fish and vegetables, but I would suggest you focus on the rooibos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit