Returning to school at age 45

by irondork 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Just one thing. I have this nagging feeling that by going back to school, it's like... smoking... or commiting fornication. I have this underlying dread that even though I am not a young person, I may never live long enough to fulfill any career this system has to offer. I just feel that maybe this system of things will be well on the way toward it's finish, if not actually gone!"

LOL! Yeah, I feel that way sometimes, but beer has a way of washing all those nasty JW feelings away! Cheers! And best of luck with your classes!...

Oh damn, I can't believe I just said "luck!"

Oh sh!t, I just said "damn!"

Oh...

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

May the Great Gazoo be with you. lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    diana netherton - "I went back when I turned 40..."

Assuming your avatar is a recent pic of you; you're over 40?! Damn, girl.

Not too shabby.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Iron Dork, simply awesome for you!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Transitions are always scary. Even when great things happened to me: college, law school, a large corporate firm, my first Manhattan apartment, the unkown is a stressor. My experience has been that the first week or so is awkward. The reward, though, is well worth the awkwardness.

Older students were very welcome in my classes. We took the advice seriously. The older student was not a parent nor in a power position over us. It was so valuable hearing from more experienced students. I imagine the faculty will love your presence.

Recently, I took some community college courses and b/c of my age and education, I did not have quite the normal student relationship with my profs. They all said they hated the immature day students. A year or two or work gave the night students so much more heft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit