I hope you die...

by WatchTowerofBabel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WatchTowerofBabel
    WatchTowerofBabel

I'm curious. (True in both senses)

When I was a child I used to hope celebrities I liked (or wanted to boink) died before Armageddon. Also true of just general people I met and liked, I distinctly remember thinking "what a nice person, I do hope they die soon".

I also used to think about killing my family and as many people I liked as I could before I was stopped... It always seemed like a fair trade as a kid, save them all from the second death by giving them the first, so what if I get the second myself? (I never contemplated actually DOING anything, but the theory seemed sound when I was about 8)

So, as I was saying, I'm curious; anyone else remember thinking similar?
    Or am I just missing a few screws?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nope. I hoped my dad would die before Armageddon.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Never wanted to personally "off" someone but did hope certain relatives would die so they could be resurrected. I haven't thought about this in years, this religion sure engendered some strange thinking. Leslie

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

You are not alone WatchTowerofBabel!

Totally relate! I was glad Hendrix died, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lennon... etc. And I was hoping Peter Gabriel would die of natural causes before Armageddon... Also my non-JW family. CRAZY, no? Now of course, I miss those who died, and hope a long life to those I love and admire.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I can realte to that. Strange isn't it?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, now that we're out and we can look back, we can all see how very twisted your thinking becomes in a cult.

I remember one old pioneer talking about the local catholic church. She had detailed plans to save all the old bricks from the church and make herself a patio in the new world.

I remember people referring to unbelievers as "bird food." I don't remember what my own thoughts were, something similar, I am sure.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I really liked a worldy neighbor boy before I started Kindergarten. He was one of my only non-JW friends outside of cousins. I remember asking my mom while she was doing chores, "Hey, if everyone gets resurrected, why can't I just kill Billy so he'll be in the new system with us?"

The only reason I remember this so well is because of my mom's reaction. She gasped in horror. Perhaps she realized how screwed up that sounded, so she showed me all the nice gory pictures of the bad men Enoch had to face in the Bible Stories book and explained that "Jehovah hates killing so we should never do it." Needless to say, I felt profound guilt about my question and wondered if mom thought I was a "wicked" person like the ones in the pictures.

I do recall many occasions when someone I really hated died and I was mad that I'd have to spend eternity with them in the New Order lol.

• yknot
    yknot

I know Dubbies who remark such.....(not killing anyone but the hope loved ones will end their earthly course before it is too late)

I know they mean it with good intentions I suppose its like a Mormon thinking about proxy baptism.

Personally.....I accepted the demise of worldly loved ones and others

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Nope you're not crazy. That is a pretty reasonable rationalization for 8. I probably thought similar thoughts about my favorite "worldly" relatives. One more reason why this religion is not fit for any one under 30.

I never had the thought about hoping someone would die but I was glad that some seemingly kind hearted people had already died... as in John Lennon, Elvis, mainly celebrities, lol. My same thinking as a young person, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit